Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Triple Fee's For Foreign Students

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Do you think it's fair foreign students around the world have to pay triple what an EU student pays?

I think it's a bad thing all around.

If I wanted to go study in the USA or Canada I'd pay triple and same if they came here.

I think all student should pay the same or very near - maybe at most 25% more but 300% more is not very fair. Plus some universities may be tempted to take on a foreign student rather then a home grown one cos they're getting 3 times the fee's.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My friend from sixth form was from Zambia, and had lived in Ireland and then moved to England. By some technicality they wanted him on international fees of about £12,000 or something daft. He petitioned to our MP and managed to get it overturned, luckily.
    You might get more response/ debate on the issue if you moved this thread to Politics and Debate. If you are after a debate on the ethics of foreign student fees that is.
    Foreign students are unsubsidised. A university will lose alot of money if they charged them the standard £1125/3000.