Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

TheSite.org film

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has TheSite.org supported you through some tough times? Would you be happy to appear in a short film talking about your experiences and how TheSite.org has helped you out?

We’re looking for people that have used TheSite.org to appear in a short film about the work YouthNet (the charity behind TheSite.org) does and how we help young people. You won’t have to show your face on film if you don’t want to so it could be anonymous

We want to use the video to motivate and inspire potential supporters and convince them that TheSite.org is worth giving money to - if you’re happy to be involved and you’re available for a day’s filming over the next few weeks then drop me a PM with details of how we've helped and we'll be in touch.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shameless bump
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Very shameless.

I could voiceover it :D
    Jim V wrote:
    shameless bump

This is the wrong thread, Jim, the Bump thread is in the Waste Time board :p

Would do it, but so far never requested any support even so I know I would have got it...
    Jim V wrote:
    We want to use the video to motivate and inspire potential supporters and convince them that TheSite.org is worth giving money to

Forget the video! Just ask KHSS to make up some more hats - they'll sell like hot cakes! ;)
    "Give us yer fucking money!"
    Would we get to see the video? :p
    You should ask Tugger ... he met a laydee ... :yes:
    Teagan wrote:
    You should ask Tugger ... he met a laydee ... :yes:

:lol:
    But would you really want to see a film about it?!
    I don't fancy travelling to London.
    Forget the video! Just ask KHSS to make up some more hats - they'll sell like hot cakes! ;)
    I'd like to thank thesite (as well as the good people at Fuji) for helping me to become a picture whore.
    i wouldn't be on it cos someone from crime watch might be watching but ...
    as the old man of the site let me tell you for your donors ...i have had a fantastic insight ibnto the problems and attitudes of todays young people through this site.
    having kids myself ...it has helped me look at their situations a lot differently.
    i wouldn't be on it cos someone from crime watch might be watching but ...
    as the old man of the site let me tell you for your donors ...i have had a fantastic insight ibnto the problems and attitudes of todays young people through this site.
    having kids myself ...it has helped me look at their situations a lot differently.

As well as you being able to offer the aforementioned young people lots of sound advice which came from you own experience. :yes:
    No offence Rolly, but from a fundraising point of view we're fucked if you're the only person who thinks we've helped them.
    Don't get me wrong, you have helped me but not with the kind of things you want to be known for helping people with. I'm quite happy to go on film and say that if I hadn't used thesite when coming to uni I wouldn't have stuck it out. If it wasn't for thesite I would'nt be able to touch type, and just general stuff like being more knowledgeable - seeing other people's opinions in P&D, being more aware about sex and health, and thanks to the waste time forum I can count really, really well.
    It's one of those unfortunate problems with our service, and it's not really a problem - by offering confidentiality - especially with services such as askTheSite, we can never easily get in touch with people who regularly benefit from what we do. Then again, better than than no confidentiality.
    I think the problem is that mostof peple with big problem, come to get help and when they have been help they do not use the site anymore... I know I haven't been around a lot, but it seems that most of people who need help are people that are not on here so often... you might have some chance with some posters in the SH thread...
    It's helped me alot as you already quoted somewhere...but i can't and won't go to London sorry.
    What specific dates are there, if any?

Might well be interested though. Day out in london! :yippe:
    It will be whatever date is good for the person who is picked, all expenses paid.

And we're not going to post this in other forums, I'm not about to disrupt the nature of all the boards by posting this everywhere.
    Ooh nice.

I'm on exam leave so yea I'm in. Just have to think about how thesite has helped me - theres loads of specific incidents, but also on the whole I've changed as a person dramatically. Talking to people on here gave me self confidence and self worth I didn't have before. A bit like a doting partner can give you :chin: except this one is always there :razz:
    That sounds great man, drop me an email at jim@thesite.org with your thoughts when you've had a chance to put them together.

Thanks
    Jim V wrote:
    No offence Rolly, but from a fundraising point of view we're fucked if you're the only person who thinks we've helped them.

That would be funny.

"And here's our youthnet representative to tell us how much it has helped him...a 50 year old ex-criminal, stoner guru!" :D
    turlough wrote:
    That would be funny.

"And here's our youthnet representative to tell us how much it has helped him...a 50 year old ex-criminal, stoner guru!" :D

:lol:
    That would be wicked!

Although I think thesite would be offline in a matter of hours!
    Jim V wrote:
    i just spat red wine all over me monitor! :lol:
    you could give me a free bus pass or summat. :thumb:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    People have inadvertantly (sp?) helped me on here, and I'd rather not go into great detail, but would everyone see the video? or would it just be for the big bosses of YouthNet?
    What counts as tough times? I really appreciated the advice from the board earlier when my toilet was blocked. They were full of suggestions and never let me give up. I don't know where I'd be now without The Site (probably with my head halfway down the toilet).
    I don't know where I'd be now without The Site (probably with my head halfway down the toilet).
    where most students have theirs at least once a week.
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    People have inadvertantly (sp?) helped me on here, and I'd rather not go into great detail, but would everyone see the video? or would it just be for the big bosses of YouthNet?

I imagine they would send the video to people they think might be interested in supporting youthnet, or play it at promos or something. We all acknowledge the good work thesite does, but its just a way of showing other people what a difference it makes.

I feel so ill!
    you could give me a free bus pass or summat. :thumb:
    I thought you already had one :p
    Because I'm a shameless whore when it comes to these things, I'd be interested.

But your sponsors might end up thinking I'm the only bugger than uses the place :razz: