Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Come on Arsenal!!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    So the ref is an arsenal fan then?

Like the linesman was a Barca fan ...

Nah, he just made a couple of porr decisions, big ones. There have been others including a few more yellows for Barca...

Get in there BTW. 2-1.
  • Options
    Fuck sake. We loose! :banghead: :banghead: :o:o :mad:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Oops!
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    I'm not a footie fan but I think Ronaldinhio is amazingg
  • Options
    That ref was absolutely abysmal, how Uefa could let him ref a game of that standard is beyond me.
  • Options
    awesome game, i wouldn't have minded too much if arsenal did it as they did play some good stuff at times........you can't say henry had a bad game, but his finishing wasn't up to par or arsenal would have won it.......pretty unlucky to get lehmann sent off, you can't help but wonder if he'd have saved the second goal from belletti........but hey, at least i won't go deaf next time i see my gooner mates, lol.
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    Err...what exactly did he do tonight?
    Nothing much! I was really disapointed, expected to see him do much more.

I think arsenal def deserved to win :(

He looked pretty
  • Options
    Arsenal did fantastic holding out as long as they did, even when they were down to 10 their counter attacking play was fantastic.

Best footballing team in this country by a mile.

IMO it all went tits up the minute Pleat said "The sight is in end" :lol:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    He looked pretty

Yup, that's the one and only reason he's the best footballer in the world.

And they say women know about football!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    IMO it all went tits up the minute Pleat said "The sight is in end" :lol:

The classic kiss of death!!

Ref killed the game with the sending off.
  • Options
    If you ever wanted to know why I didn't want Arsenal to win, you only have to look at the post match interviews of Henry and Wenger.

I particularly love Henry blaming the referree for missing the [obvious] offside for Barca's first goal but missing the fact that a) Eboue dived for Arsenal's and b) Henry himself missed a sitter which would have made it 2-0.

It wasn't a classic by any means, it will be forgotten soon enough but I think the best team in the tournament won it - which is more than you can say for the last few years.
  • Options

Some of us have been forced too lol, my other half is Tottenham supporter, so when watching games we found it helped when I wasn't asking 'who's he', 'why's he doing that', and 'wht way do they score', oh, the poor man lol.
  • Options
    what a fucking disgrace. Arsenal fully desrved to win that match but clearly that ref had other ideas. What a biased bastard! Fuck sake veen Thierry himself isnt afraid to say that in an around about way the ref cheated them.

Never mind the ref those barca players are cheating scum themselves. What can you do when you come up against such scum, nothing.

The thing that REALLY pisses me off is week in week out Arsene Wenger sticks with this stupid solo striker shit leaving Henry up their alone and 9 time sout of 10 Henry finds himself out on the wing with no one to pass to and nothing to do with the ball, because he is the one who should be in the box and another player crossing it in.

I also disagree with his squad selection tonight. Reyes should have started up front on the left with Henry on the right and a 4 man midfield and 4 man defense.

If i were Thierry Henry after seeing that scum cheat me i wouldnt want to join their ranks. Not by a long fucking shot.

Ronaldinho .. what did he do tonight that makes him " world class " ? Fuck all. Henry is a better player overall than Ronaldinho will ever be.
  • Options
    It wasn't a classic by any means, it will be forgotten soon enough but I think the best team in the tournament won it - which is more than you can say for the last few years.

Have to agree with that.

I don't think you can be too harsh on Henry, in all honesty he'd just worked his socks off in the biggest and probably most frustrating game of his life, and I think it was a pretty human reaction. I doubt he had too great a view of the penalty and hadn't seen a replay, I think he'll look back on them comments with regret.

Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho are all as bad for sour grapes as each other.
  • Options
    unlucky for arsenal, i agree with Henry's comments and EDN1 though, barca should be investigated for ref bribing as well as Juve
  • Options

Pft. I was joking.
  • Options
    That ref was absolutely abysmal, how Uefa could let him ref a game of that standard is beyond me.

i know, terrible reffereeing. The first goal should have stood, instead of being brought back to a free kick, and arsneal should have never been awarded the free kick the Camobell scored from as Eboue dived.

3-0 to Barce the score should have been.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Ronaldinho .. what did he do tonight that makes him " world class " ? Fuck all. Henry is a better player overall than Ronaldinho will ever be.

Oh just countless pin point passes and amazing pace to run rings round the arsenal defence, nothing spectacular though. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Arsenal dived for their goal. Blatant cheating which epitomises their club. For that reason no Arsenal fan can moan about decisions.

Barca's first goal had a suspicion of offside, but there was fuck all in it, and STRIKERS GET THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT so you can't complain really.

The best team won. Arsenal got what they deserved. If Eboue hadn't cheated, I might be singing a different tune. Larsson was class.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Oh just countless pin point passes and amazing pace to run rings round the arsenal defence, nothing spectacular though. :rolleyes:

Indeed. Ronaldinho wasn't at his sparkling best, but he still outshone Henry. The man of the night was Larsson. So happy for him. Footballing legend. Bet your da's happy now Turlough with that bet? :p
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Bet your da's happy now Turlough with that bet? :p

Fucking sures he is! :D
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    what a fucking disgrace. Arsenal fully desrved to win that match but clearly that ref had other ideas. What a biased bastard! Fuck sake veen Thierry himself isnt afraid to say that in an around about way the ref cheated them.

Never mind the ref those barca players are cheating scum themselves. What can you do when you come up against such scum, nothing.

The thing that REALLY pisses me off is week in week out Arsene Wenger sticks with this stupid solo striker shit leaving Henry up their alone and 9 time sout of 10 Henry finds himself out on the wing with no one to pass to and nothing to do with the ball, because he is the one who should be in the box and another player crossing it in.

I also disagree with his squad selection tonight. Reyes should have started up front on the left with Henry on the right and a 4 man midfield and 4 man defense.

If i were Thierry Henry after seeing that scum cheat me i wouldnt want to join their ranks. Not by a long fucking shot.

Not sure what game you watched, but the rest of us are talking about the Champions league Final which took place tonight...
  • Options
    arsenal cheated for their goal

and barca still would have won anyway
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Indeed. Ronaldinho wasn't at his sparkling best, but he still outshone Henry. The man of the night was Larsson. So happy for him.

What a stupid fucking comment.

Henry was playing up there on his own in a 10 man team, a thankless task. His link up play was still fantastic, he did really well under the circumstances, and with a bit more composure he'd have won it and be hailed as a hero.

Larsson came on fresh for 25 minutes when the defence was knackered and hammered the final nail in the coffin.

As for the cheating, I can't think of a single person who's opinion I would respect less in that regard than a Man United "fan" like your good self.
  • Options
    Btw I don't think the ref cheated at all, I think he made an arse of the thing, but I think he called it as he saw it.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    What a stupid fucking comment.

Henry was playing up there on his own in a 10 man team, a thankless task. His link up play was still fantastic, he did really well under the circumstances, and with a bit more composure he'd have won it and be hailed as a hero.

Larsson came on fresh for 25 minutes when the defence was knackered and hammered the final nail in the coffin.

As for the cheating, I can't think of a single person who's opinion I would respect less in that regard than a Man United "fan" like your good self.

I don't give a fuck. I called it as I and most other people saw it.

Ronaldinho played better than Henry.

Larsson was the best and most effective player on the pitch.

Arsenal cheated. My allegiances don't matter at all.
  • Options
    Its a fucking joke some of the comments being made.

Arsenal HAMMERED Barca for the first 20 minutes, barca couldn't deal with the pace of Arsenal and the quality of Henry.

I don't think anyone can say the best team won because it was 10 v 11 for most of the match, how can you compare teams when one has a numerical advantage.

The ref was a fucking joke and t'is right Barca should have gone 1-0 up and Lehmann stayed on the pitch. The ref has spoiled what could have turned out to be an excellent game of football from the two best teams in the tournament.

I really believe Arsenal would have carried on hammering barca had Lehmann stayed on the pitch.

Another ref spoils another potentially great game, do they pick these refs from the local Sunday morning pub leagues??
  • Options
    Fantastic result! And Lehman humiliated himself!! i only hope that Kahn and Klinsmen were watching the game together... I can imagine Kahns comment

"you have picked him over me for the world cup?!"

Ha ha ha Come on Barca!!!
  • Options
    I've got a strange mix of a hangover and pride so bear with me......

- The first 20 minutes Arsenal were playing The Best Team In The World™ off the park.

- Lehmann deserved to walk. I don't hold any mallice towards him as he's been our player of the season. Eto'o may have been offside in the build up to that though. We effectively lost 2 players from that sending off.

- We went 1 up against The Best Team In The World™ with 10 men in a European Cup final. Fuck yeah!

- Eboue dived for that free kick. The ref bottled ever major decision and in 50-50 decisions probably favoured Barca.

- Wenger had poor options on the bench. He's never made good use of substitutions. Reyes should've started.

- Eto'o's goal was borderline, but as already said strikers get the benefit of the doubt.

- Almunia could've done better with both goals but I don't blame him. He was a rabbit in headlights.

- I understood Henry's anger but he should be more gracious. On the plus side it looks like he may very well be staying.

- Henry was poor but still significantly better than The Greatest Player In The World™

- We were playing real Alamo stuff for 76 minutes and although not pretty to watch I've never been more proud of them. We can hold our heads up after that one. :p

C'est la vie as they say in Paris. :blush: