Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Final Stretch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So those who are in year 13 doing their A2s this summer - in just a few weeks - what does it feel like for you? For me, it's mixed feelings. Part of me thinks 'poo' because I might have made the wrong choices or not got good enough grades in other parts of my subjects, part of me is nervous that I wont do well in the exams in summer and not get to York :( and part of me thinks 'thank GOD for that' (is that taking the lords name in vain? who knows).

So, in approximately two months, after my last exam, I'm going to be very happy. Lets just hope I get the grades I need. It really is the final furlong now.... (well, excepting university, of course :p)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you think that's bad, wait till you're in your last 2 months of uni :p

ARRRRGHGHGHGHGHHHH
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    you think that's bad, wait till you're in your last 2 months of uni :p

ARRRRGHGHGHGHGHHHH

exactamundo!

but it's all relative isn't it. at the moment a-levels will be the hardest he's done so..

you'll be fine don't worry.
  • Options
    Definitely going for York then?
    You can come and be my friend, yay!
  • Options
    shit scared mate! i'm so apathetic about college but i know i have to get my bum in gear if i wanna go to LSE next year - it's just too good of an oppourtunity to pass up!
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same. Part of me is glad it's all gonna be over but there's also a part of me dreading it ending because that = exams. I need to pass one exam to get into Uni and if I don't then my whole life plan is fucked. It's nerve-wracking.
  • Options
    Jazza, please dont worry too much about exams. I know its easier said than done, but I only went through it 5 years ago.

I had friends who failed, some did better, some worse than expected. They all went to university, whether they had to do an extra foundation year or to go to a different uni though clearing, or to retake an A-level.

Failing an exam wont end your plans for happiness. You have like a million goes to get it right.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It feels like "FUCK! Final Exams! World of Work! EVERYTHING is happenening!" but also such sweet releif education is behind me soon, because I am not going to Uni. So... overall, mixed feelings.

But bugger me, my nerves are getting shot, and I am so badly burning out here. I have no motivation or care nearly... so near empty.
  • Options
    Failing an exam wont end your plans for happiness. You have like a million goes to get it right.

Indeed, but when I failed my Biology exam, I didn't have a million goes - I got told to leave because apparantely I wasn't doing enough work out of school. That's total rubbish. And I turned up to ALL of the lessons.
  • Options
    yeh i'm sure you don't quite want to re-sit it a more than a few times. isn't there a limit anyway?

i did my maths gcse 4 times, never did get that C! but i'll try again when i've finished uni.
  • Options
    hmm, I just got turned away by one of the two uni's I applied to do masters at :nervous:

great motivation!

plus, at a time I really should be revising already, I've got loads of coursework to do! :grump:
  • Options
    well in that case pull your socks up and show those unis that you're perfectly capable! then you can go nur nur. :razz: :cool:
  • Options
    hehe, yeh that'd be nice :)

it's only another... 7 weeks, worth working my ass off for.

then paaaaaarty! yay :D (especially because I finish a week before most of my housemates!)
  • Options
    partying on your own then!
  • Options
    partying on your own then!

all night uber rocking disco party on my own more like :p

it's alright, all my coursemates in my year finish at the same time, so it'll be pims & lemonade in the sun while eveyone else has to finish their exams muhaha :)
  • Options
    Definitely going for York then?
    You can come and be my friend, yay!

We'll see what my grades are like :) but high possibility!!
  • Options
    Don't worry about it get through A,levels ok and you will be fine they are the hardest exams you are ever likely to do. University is a gift they don't really let you fail and they feed you the work and you just go off and do it.