Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

PODCAST: Bashir's Week In Drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I've got myself a shiney new Mac laptop and ive discovered that i can make PodCasts on it. To that end i've bashed up a little review of the posts on the boards as a tester, its only 8 mins long.

Should probably point out that this is not endorsed, approved or hosted by the Site, its a side project of someone who happens to post on here.

I'd love to hear any feedback from you lot, I expect to get a ribbing for the first one as it isnt great and needs alot of work. But if you think its worth keeping i'd love to hear suggestions.

The backing track for this week is 808 State - Pacific State (Grooverider Remix).

The links to the Podcast will be posted below in about an hour, its just being uploaded now. I think you'll either be able to download it in MP3 format from my webspace or you'll be able to search for it on the iTunes podcast directory.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok there are two ways to listen to this, number one is subscribing via iTunes.

go here Bashir's Podcast

and you'll see a subscribe icon, drag and drop this into iTunes to subscribe to it.

You can also listen directly on my webpage if you have QuickTime installed.

The file is very small, only about 4mb and is 8mins long

Enjoy!
    Very impressive. I thought when you said, "beforehand [David Cameron] was on..." and paused, you were going to continue with "...cocaine". Ah well!

I suggest you could have a weekly reading from a selected Shulgin piece, or perhaps some old government/media pieces on the drugs. Could be interesting!

ETA: There's a big apple logo in the middle of my comment. :crazyeyes
    yeah i'll deal with the apple logo
    Fantastic, I cant decide whether this is massively egotistical or actually quite an interesting idea - probably both.
    ok your comment should be sorted now.

cheers by the way, i was thinking of looking into stuff to read out, if anyone has any questions or stuff they want read out let me know.
    stuff they want read out let me know.

All of PIHKAL, especially the science bit.
    why in the world would this be massively egotistical?

i was really just trying out the features of my new laptop and seeing if i could try something that other people could give me ideas about.
    why in the world would this be massively egotistical?

i was really just trying out the features of my new laptop.

Just the idea of broadcasting my thoughts out loud is a concept which seems totally alien to me thats all. But then I'm not of the iPod generation.
    its not neccesarily about just my opinions, what I'd really like to do is provide a podcast where people who have things they want looked into or want to write and contribute things can put them up for publication.

This being the first episode i didnt have much to work from, but in future i'd just like it to be an outlet for other stuff.

As far as the other parts of my site go, its as much a something to pass the time as anything else, i like writing!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I had a listen and enjoyed it. I'd recommend turning the backing music down a touch, couldn't hear you too well in places.
    yeah i thought that as well, i will try and put something together for the next episode.

For next week i think i'll work on an overview of some drug related literature.

In the pipeline;

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thompson
    This is Ecstasy - Gareth Thomas
    Altered State - Mathew Colin

For me to do a decent something on PIHKAL i think might take whole episode.

Once again if anyone wants to contribute anything I'd really like to have some contributions.
    I think it's a great idea, enjoyed that one, good work.

I'd agree about turning the backing music down a touch. Apart from that, it's all good.
    :D a bit rambling martin.
    write out a script and stick to it!
    good potential for info and fun.
    yeah i know, it really was just a tester, i'll get a proper one done for next weeks episode.
    yeah i know, it really was just a tester, i'll get a proper one done for next weeks episode.
    your the man ...who can make the drugs board the most popular with this kind of thing.
    do it.
    so long as it doesn't encourage klintock to do something similar in PnD!
    Listening to it now, I'm enjoying it. You have a good radio voice nice tone and accent, I know it isn't the point but just wanted to add that.
    I was going to say that- nice voice.
    I think every month you should have a podcast while sampling a certain substance. ;)

Talk into a dictophone every hour or so, telling us how you're feeling, what you're seeing etc.

Quality entertainment. :thumb:
    lol thankyou for that, I didnt think so but then i guess everyone hates the sound of there own voice.

Addict - how about no, and before you ask no i will not have you as a guest in similar capacity :D

You can now search for it on iTunes, it has been added to the iTunes podcast directory, so you can subscribe and listen that way too.
    Addict wrote:
    I think every month you should have a podcast while sampling a certain substance. ;)

Talk into a dictophone every hour or so, telling us how you're feeling, what you're seeing etc.

Quality entertainment. :thumb:

Dunno why but that reminded me of a thought I had a while ago... im sure this has come up alot...
    But how good would a "Big Brother" be with 10 strangers... and a cocktail of drugs laid out in the house! Now that would be entertainment! Paranoia!!

I listened to the pod cast by the way, was good... once you get things sorted that have been mentioned I think it will shape up very well
    Fucking sound mate. Nice, I must say I was really doubtful, but hell, I'm old enough to admit when I'm wrong.
    lol thanks, i thought you'd heard it earlier but thankyou very much.
    Addict wrote:
    Talk into a dictophone every hour or so,
    thumb:
    i went through a phase of using my dictaphone but once i stopped shooting speed i started to use my finger again.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb: Very good!
    Weekender Offender 
    lol thanks, i thought you'd heard it earlier but thankyou very much.

Nope, I just took the piss out of it without listening, I'm like that.