Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best pub you've been to...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
After 28 years of searching, this past weekend i found the best pub in the world.

The 3 Kings in West kensington in London!!
Few of us went there to watch the FA Cup final.
If I start talking about it, I will be here all afternoon!!

The landlord is a legend!
A tenner for a pitcher of Fosters!
16 screens....
Hot dog stands...
The awesome thing was during half time he played these music videos on all screens, videos like benni bennasi's "push me"... with women in bikini's and what not and the crowd went mental...

So, what's the best pub you ever went to?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive got a couple of faves.

Hooters in toronto was a real laugh, quality people in there, cheap food and beer.

a bar called "Sports bar" on the outskirts of prague, 12k a pint (about 30p) and 20k for a pack of fags, sports and mtv playing all day. only a small place, but friendly staff made it a joy.

finally Kardinales in Riga, its a locals karaoke bar, next to nothing for drinks, friendly clientel, got us involved in singing Latvian/Russian and english songs. great time had by all.
    The Golden Pudel in Hamburg, though it's a pub/bar/club/pot smoking den to give it due credit. It is tiny and dark inside the "lounge area" but then has this fantastic little courtyard/dancefloor that spills down onto the harbour. Very artsy/alternative - looks like it's about to fall apart - but a nice little escape from the sex shops and Irish pubs on the Reeperbahn... I love it. Loads of cool as fuck people - no annoying British people apart from me - sitting around drinking their (cheap as it gets) little bottles of Astra and unwinding. You can't go wrong with a German love shack!!!

Right on the Fischmarkt, too, so when you leave at seven in the morning you can get a fischfrikadellen or another beer for your brekkie :thumb:
    I went to a bar in Amsterdam which was pretty good...was quite cheap beer, but they also had a table up the back, where you paid about 50 Euros, and there is a tap coming out the wall, so you just all sit round and filled up your own pints as you go, cant remeber how many you got, but it was a fair amount!

Good food as well, and I got to watch Tottenham lose to Chelsea!

Perfect day! :D
    but how much fisters was in a pitcher?
    The Dovetail in East London, its got a full menu of Belgian beers and even got a medal of honour from the Belgian King for services to Belgium.
    Fosters :yuck:

I thought of another great pub - Johnny Joe's in Cushendall. Great beer, music and people and they haven't changed a thing in terms of interior -- lots of character. Everytime I go they do need to scrape me up off the floor but that's all part of the fun (for me).

I have to say it loses serious points for proudly displaying a picture of Eamon Holmes' visit on the wall. But I can usually ignore that once I've sunk a few ;)
    briggi wrote:
    Fosters :yuck:

Yeah it's a local Aussie hangout... It was either that or Kronnenbeurg
    migpilot wrote:
    Yeah it's a local Aussie hangout...

But virtually no Aussies will drink Fosters, its piss beer for the export market.
    bongbudda wrote:
    But virtually no Aussies will drink Fosters, its piss beer for the export market.

this is true, but having tried the aussie native alternatives i'll stick with my fosters. its generally the one i'd go for out of the cheapo lagers.
    All the Aussies were actually drinking it....
    Not my favourite by a long shot, but beggars can't be choosers....
    :)
    If you want a nice, cheap Aussie lager then you can't go wrong with a Crownie! My best mate is an Aussie and she'd sooner play "Waltzing Matilda" on the didgeridoo with a cork hat on her bonce than drink that supposedly typical Australian beer Fosters :p
    The best pub ever got closed down :(
    The Cups in Colchester was my fave haunt from the age of 15 to 19. Full of the weirdest alternative looking people. Punks, Goths, bikers anyone really. Amazing atmosphere. I could always go in there even on my own and see someone I knew. Excellent jukebox. It was just like a party every time. No TV screens, no special beers or anything (I didnt care, I was only on cider and black) Just cool atmosphere which ive never found recreated in any other pubs.
    Fosters is swill, and not that many Aussies drink it through choice. Honestly. And preferring Fosters to VB or Toohey's is basically a sign of serious mental illness.

The nicest cheapo lager I've had is the stuff that's £5 a crate from Netto.

My favourite pub in the whole world is the Old Crown in Hesket Newmarket in Cumbria. It's a tiny pub with open fires, a pool table, a good jukebox, folk music nights, real ale brewed from its own micro-brewery and two pub dogs. And the scran is absolutely gorgeous. As is the view across the fells.
    Georges IV in Brixton London, only whem it's open decks day or acid techno day, otherwise the rest of the time I find it shite like all pubs...
    Just one or two of my locals. Nothing special, just cheap beer, good crowd and a good bands playing. No complaints there.
    Tap and Tin in Chatham. Friendly atmosphere...FREE FOOD (sometimes)..juke box..3 floors..nice sadistic staff..gotta luv fubar..

Oh bad thing is my ex works there. Feel free to pummel him to the ground if seen :p
    Rachael wrote:
    Tap and Tin in Chatham. Friendly atmosphere...FREE FOOD (sometimes)..juke box..3 floors..nice sadistic staff..gotta luv fubar..

Oh bad thing is my ex works there. Feel free to pummel him to the ground if seen :p

ooh violence :)
    ohh yes ;)
    The best pub ever got closed down :(
    The Cups in Colchester was my fave haunt from the age of 15 to 19. Full of the weirdest alternative looking people. Punks, Goths, bikers anyone really. Amazing atmosphere. I could always go in there even on my own and see someone I knew. Excellent jukebox. It was just like a party every time. No TV screens, no special beers or anything (I didnt care, I was only on cider and black) Just cool atmosphere which ive never found recreated in any other pubs.

Ahahah I had a pub like this when i was growing up as well it was great - it changed every few years though and unfortunately all my friends have just been banned from the current alternative favourite pub.

Other than that the Tigers Head in Chislehurst was great but unfortnatly closed down (and later reopened as a very strictly adults only pub) due to LOADS of underage drinking. It was soo cool though we used to sit out on the common in the summer and there were always loads of people there it was excellent!!
    The Blessington Carriage (AKA The Bless) in Derby. Whenever i'm back there, I know where i'll end up.
    Georges IV in Brixton London, only whem it's open decks day or acid techno day, otherwise the rest of the time I find it shite like all pubs...

lost its all night licence now
    Just recently the North Bar in Leeds.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Just recently the North Bar in Leeds.

What about the the Players? ;)
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    What about the the Players? ;)

I've never been in there ;)

Used to drink in the Swan, though (and the Anchor in Eling).
    i've a few favourites... i like proper country pubs. :yes:
    any that are full of freinds and serving cheap local cider :thumb:

either that or german beer by the litre :lol: yummy
    The RED BARN, a pub in woolacombe North Devon, it has the best local and international beers and ciders, the food is superb and very reasonably priced, live bands every thursday of all pursuations.
    its 30 seconds from the beach (which is a great surf)
    has a selection of the best surfboards from through out the ages, and theres always a surf video on in the background.
    but the best thing is the staff are the best around sublime! why look at the beach when the views like that!!!!!!!!!
    R
    The Blessington Carriage (AKA The Bless) in Derby. Whenever i'm back there, I know where i'll end up.
    I hatethat place, full of grebs :p
    The George Cross is the best imo :D
    The Rheola, Nice quiet pub, decent people, good price drink, but even better when they lock the door and dim the lights at 11.30 an have a stop on that lasts into the early hours :D
    The Brynymor :yes: but only because its just outside my front door :D