Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A Labour MP talking sense!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tugger wrote:
    Why are you so intellectually snobbish? There's nothing wrong with the Sun & the Daily Mail, they're fonts of valuable information for the masses, don't try to denigrate them just because they're immensely popular with ordinary people.

I don't think it's intellectual snobbery to discount The Sun and "The Sword of Truth" as valuable sources of information when it comes to intellectual discourse. It doesn't take an intellectual to recognise the nonsense news these papers print daily.
  • Options
    I don't feel it's intellectually snobbish to feel the, let's face it, utter crap that these newspapers print on a daily basis, does not lend itself to a well-informed and understanding readership. Instead it has been shown on countless occasions that these 'rags' promote and support bias and bigotry of forms that would get most politicians shot in the street.

They're fonts of information for the masses but I would dispute that the information is valuable. Or indeed, correct.
  • Options
    There is most probably some truth in what is being said. I live in a rural area, so I can't really see a huge amount of social change. I can definitely understand, however, how the residents of East London may feel resentful that their issues and concerns are being sidelined. The BNP are nasty, evil thieves and scumbags and their advancement must be stopped at once.

However, I have to question the motives of Frank Field for these comments. Rest assured if I had told him a few years ago that immigrants and asylum seekers are being given priority over people who have lived in the UK all their lives, he would have dismissed me as some kind of mad racist, as would the rest of the left-wing establishment.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    No, they don't. Unless you still cling to the myth that they get free mobile phones, driving lessons etc. Your lies were fairly well demolished last time you were on these boards.
    Let’s agree to disagree.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Whose we? You joined the cabinet now?
    You’re complaining that asylum seekers are not housed in richer areas but that’s because it would be too expensive. Asylum seekers would appreciate the most basic accommodation providing it was clean, safe and provided them security from the torture etc they experienced from their native homelands.
    Blagsta wrote:
    I agree that single faith schools, lack of integration etc etc do contribute to racism. However, you repeating (and believing!) hearsay such as flags being banned in pubs also contributes. Stories like that hardly ever turn out to be true, but people like you choose to uncritically believe them because they suit your rather skewed view of the world.
    The current government supports single faith schools.

You will never in this world believe what I said earlier so we’ll leave it there.
  • Options
    I'm finding some irony with the left.

They sympathise with Islamic suicide bombers however refuse do the same to those who have voted BNP.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

They sympathise with Islamic suicide bombers however refuse do the same to those who have voted BNP.

Sorry? Who is this 'left' and how many of them sympathise with suicide bombers, do you fancy providing any proof of that?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Sorry? Who is this 'left' and how many of them sympathise with suicide bombers, do you fancy providing any proof of that?
    Well we had Cherie Blair saying she understood why Palestinians blew them selves up. I bet she won't understand why many vote for the far right.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Well we had Cherie Blair saying she understood why Palestinians blew them selves up. I bet she won't understand why many vote for the far right.

No, she said she understood why given the conditions they grow up in young men think that is the only way to make a change. That's very different from having sympathy for their actions.

And anyway even if she loves suicide bombers, that's one person, one person who doesnt lead a group or talk for anyone other than herself.

Who is this 'left'?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bongbudda wrote:
    No, she said she understood why given the conditions they grow up in young men think that is the only way to make a change. That's very different from having sympathy for their actions.

And anyway even if she loves suicide bombers, that's one person, one person who doesnt lead a group or talk for anyone other than herself.

Who is this 'left'?

Very true that.

And I would hardly call her Left Wing.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    3 extra BNP councillors, many came close second. Labour has lost control of the council. So bad on one hand, great on the other.

However, it's still a dump, always will be with Labour.

area i'm living in (camden) has no real majority now, it's great and as labour have said they wont ally with lib dems who hold the most seats out of any single party, its gona be a lib dem/green/tory coalition :thumb: which work quite well for local councils imo

my hometown is labour and i live near barking and dagenham, when i go near barking town i think "what stupid idiots voting BNP" as it's the working immigrants in that area holding it together, and the only non-working immigrants are asylum seekers who arent allowed to work by law anyway so they dont really have a choice but benefits
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Let’s agree to disagree.

Rough translation - "I know I got wooped last time"
    luke88 wrote:
    You’re complaining that asylum seekers are not housed in richer areas but that’s because it would be too expensive.

No, that's not quite what I'm saying.
    luke88 wrote:
    Asylum seekers would appreciate the most basic accommodation providing it was clean, safe and provided them security from the torture etc they experienced from their native homelands.

Yes...and? Your point is...what?
    luke88 wrote:
    The current government supports single faith schools.

Well, duh. :rolleyes:
    luke88 wrote:
    You will never in this world believe what I said earlier so we’ll leave it there.

That'll be because you're a known bullshitter.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Sorry, who is sympathising with Islamic suicide bombers? Quotes please.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

I see your absence hasn't improved your intelligence.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    btw, hello lukesh. How are things in Stoke?

At least he's learned to spell, or get a new keyboard. :D
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Well we had Cherie Blair saying she understood why Palestinians blew them selves up. .
    guess what ...i understand it too!
    it doesn't mean she supports these methods as the way forward.
    your as fucking stupid as ever ...or is this your dad again as the dyslexia seems to come and go ?
  • Options
    guess what ...i understand it too!
    it doesn't mean she supports these methods as the way forward.
    your as fucking stupid as ever ...or is this your dad again as the dyslexia seems to come and go ?
    Grow up with the childish insults.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    At least he's learned to spell, or get a new keyboard. :D
    I'm doing AS English Literature at college and I'm predicted a B. That's fantastic by my record.

Oh I got an A at AS Government and Politics in June as well. :)
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    hi lukes dad ...your as fucking stupid as your son!
    i am trying ...honest.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    hows your boy doing though?
  • Options
    hi lukes dad ...your as fucking stupid as your son!
    i am trying ...honest.
    Jesus Christ. How old are you? Isn't it time you grew up like the rest of us?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Jesus Christ. How old are you? Isn't it time you grew up like the rest of us?
    growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be but ...you haven't been there yet.
  • Options
    growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be but ...you haven't been there yet.
    I'm off up Hanley now (clubbing)... it's student night. Yah Pound a pint. Bye bye.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm off up Hanley now (clubbing)... it's student night. Yah Pound a pint. Bye bye.
    now thats grown up mate!
    careful you don't get mugged now ...
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

So am I a paedophile then?

You never did answer before you were so unfortunately banned before.

Mind the door doesn't hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm doing AS English Literature at college and I'm predicted a B. That's fantastic by my record.

well i got an A at AS government and politics as well, i then went on to do the full a level

i ended up dropping out of uni due to illness, and now, thanks to hard work day in and day out, and a fortunate chain of events, im only two steps short of managing a £2 million revenue a year night club

so stfu
  • Options
    now thats grown up mate!
    careful you don't get mugged now ...
    I'm still quite drunk but I'm fine because my boyfriend took me all the way home in his car and me mates look after me. Love them.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    So am I a paedophile then?

You never did answer before you were so unfortunately banned before.
    NO
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well i got an A at AS government and politics as well, i then went on to do the full a level

i ended up dropping out of uni due to illness, and now, thanks to hard work day in and day out, and a fortunate chain of events, im only two steps short of managing a £2 million revenue a year night club

so stfu
    Ah thanks.

I'm extremely proud of my self since I've never got an A in me life, except in June. I cried because I was that proud, was a real shock.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm still quite drunk but I'm fine because my boyfriend took me all the way home in his car and me mates look after me. Love them.

I didn't know you were gay Luke. Anyway well done on your A.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    Why are you so intellectually snobbish? There's nothing wrong with the Sun & the Daily Mail, they're fonts of valuable information for the masses, don't try to denigrate them just because they're immensely popular with ordinary people.

Haha! Yeah, sure. Valuable information on what Wayne Rooney and his missus are up to, or how returning to Tory rule will cause beer to be a penny a pint and will cure everything up to and including death itself. Please, if I'm going to read a newspaper I want one which has an average reading age above that of a primary school child (9 and 11 respectively, last I heard).