Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Life is not kind to my_name :(

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kentish wrote:
    I always watch that and World's Wildest Police Videos with Sherriff John Bunnell (retired).

I love that program! :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kentish wrote:
    I always watch that and World's Wildest Police Videos with Sherriff John Bunnell (retired). And I always 'rubberneck' at accidents. It's just human nature to find out what's been causing the traffic jam and find out who crashed into who.

Certainly - it's human nature.

But I persoanlly do not positively look forward and hope to see accidents on the road.
    Weekender Offender 
    I really want to watch one of those programs now! I have Sky... there must be one on....

I might go make a cup of tea and have a look :)
    my_name wrote:
    Maybe you and mist and rolly can come over and watch that indy 500 for the crashes and drink tea and stuff *sniff*, cuz as they say, you don't watch races for the race anyways. I'd hate to meet the person that finds watching cars/horses/dogs run round and round to be amusing. :p
    can I come :hyper:
    didya know they dont even let kids bump into each other in bumper cars anymore. Apparently the name "dodgems" means youre supposed to dodge each other.
    what a load of bollocks that is.
    can I come :hyper:
    Obviously! kicks self for not mentioning abs We can have a pathetic morbid meet :cool:

ETA: That bumper car thing is shit! So sad, thats right up there with renaming cookie monster veggie monster :\
    Skive wrote:
    Certainly - it's human nature.

But I persoanlly do not positively look forward and hope to see accidents on the road.
    Of course. And I don't think my_name meant it in the way you imply.
    didya know they dont even let kids bump into each other in bumper cars anymore. Apparently the name "dodgems" means youre supposed to dodge each other.
    I know. Killjoys.
    Kentish wrote:
    Of course. And I don't think my_name meant it in the way you imply.

I havn't implied anything???

If she wrote something she didnt mean then it aint my fault.
    Weekender Offender 

Yeah I know...
    Me and my sister boyfriend once went on some at chessington... (how childish, I was about 20 at the time and he was 26 :lol: )
    We were going round trying to get the biggest head on collisions! Then we got told off for it!! :D
    Skive wrote:

OK, well I want a lot of twats who I see on the roads to crash and burn. I don't want them injuring themselves or others but if they could write off their cars in a dramatic and entertaining way then I'm all for it.
    Skive wrote:

You imply that I actually sit here and think and hope and pray for a bloody messy accident. Its not my fault you mistook the tone of what I wrote.
    Kentish wrote:
    OK, well I want a lot of twats who I see on the roads to crash and burn. I don't want them injuring themselves or others but if they could write off their cars in a dramatic and entertaining way then I'm all for it.
    couldnt have put it better myself
    I amost died in an accident myeslf and have lost a number of mates due to them. Whislt I still rubberneck but I find it very had to understand how anybody can 'look forward' to seeing something like that.
    Weekender Offender 

Are you kidding me?

I remember the first time my Dad let me go in a bumper car on my own :hyper: I got absolutely battered against a load of 16 year olds... I must have been about 9?!

That news has destroyed me!!!
    Skive wrote:
    I amost died in an accident myeslf and have lost a number of mates due to them. Whislt I still rubberneck but I find it very had to understand how anybody can 'look forward' to seeing something like that.

And thats where you don't get it. I don't actually "look foward" to them, :rolleyes: God forbid anybody write something they don't actually mean, in a form of jest or a little monday ramblings.
    my_name wrote:
    You imply that I actually sit here and think and hope and pray for a bloody messy accident. Its not my fault you mistook the tone of what I wrote.

my_name wrote:
    From the day I got here, I've been thinking to myself, oh I cannot wait for an accident. Maybe a big one where somebody rolls down the hill, hence why I don't park on that side of the area. It's been almost one year that I have been waiting, even thru the winter. Oh gosh, I was sure there would have been one in the winter.
    Weekender Offender 
    I know what I wrote thank you. You fail to understand. I dont know why, its quite simple. Its an entertaining paragraph. If you truely think I sit and actually think about that and ment it in a serious way, then so be it. Its obvioiusly written in jest and since you fail to see that or for some reason continue to prove to somebody that I'm a freak, go for it. If you can't figure it out, "its not my fault."
    I think some people are seriously taking what she said in the wrong way.

I don't think shes saying shes been waiting since day one to see someone killed or nothing.

Anyway i'd love to roll down that hill :hyper:
    It must be me lacking a sense of humour tonight, that must be it.
    Weekender Offender 
    people arent finding the people getting hurt entertaining, it's just action... if a car fell from the sky and landed next to me it would definately be a talking point.

im sure plenty of ppl have sprained their wrists ( :rolleyes: ) in car accidents but it doesnt mean u cant see the 'intrigue' of it.
    my_name wrote:
    As I sit at my desk, I look out the window. I see one row of cars and a hill, up on top of that hill is a eastbound part of a major highway. (as shown in the picture, nice action shot, huh)
    From the day I got here, I've been thinking to myself, oh I cannot wait for an accident. Maybe a big one where somebody rolls down the hill, hence why I don't park on that side of the area. It's been almost one year that I have been waiting, even thru the winter. Oh gosh, I was sure there would have been one in the winter.

So skip to today, May 15th at just about 2:45pm. I'm sitting at my desk minding my own business not doing a whole lot and I hear it... the familiar sound of screaching tires. My heart skips a beat and my head turns to look out the window. I hear a crash. Not with another car, but a car definatly hit a guardrail. I look around to find nothing. Not a single misplaced car. I run to the window and search far and wide. Nothing. I see cars slowing down as they pass the area I suspect the crash happened. The westbound roads are just out of my view on the otherside of the highway. Thats where the crash took place. One year of waiting and its out of my view, out of my entertainment box. Why, god, why!! :crying:
    LOL I found this amusing! Haha I have lots of little things that I'm waiting for or imagining.......Even though mygood friend died in a car crach 6 months ago, this kindsthing doesn't bother me. Read a few replies where they didn't see the funny side in this thread. Let me tell you laughing is the best tonic!
    Just vecause we have a sense of humour, doesn't mean we forget and we don't hurt anymore. :)
    Having seen a mate die before my eyes and having a very near fatal crash myself must have given me a different perspective. That's all.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Having seen a mate die before my eyes and having a very near fatal crash myself must have given me a different perspective. That's all.
    Yeah I do see your point. Death effects everyone differently. Hope ur ok.
    my_name wrote:
    Maybe you and mist and rolly can come over and watch that indy 500 for the crashes and drink tea

Mmm, tea.

Sounds good. make it so.