Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Life is not kind to my_name :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    We've had discussions of who was going to put the tack blanket down (who knows what they are called, the things coppers put up to deflate tires in a chase) but so far nobody has.

We call it a stinger...
    i'm with you on this one.
    all these people who dissagree ...i gaurantee ...driving down the highway ...flashing lights at the scene of a massacre ...will crane their little necks to see whats been going down here.

Yep. And the bigger the crash, the more people will look. It's nature.

It doens't mean we're laughing at them.

When my friend crashed his car, we were stranded in the middle of a country road at around midnight in the autumn. The car was destroyed and on an angle in a ditch, me and the driver were injured, the other three bruised and bashed about, with minor cuts. There was a house, about a mile down, so two of my mates walked down to it for help. No answer.

About ten minutes later, a LandRover pulled up. Turns out, the house and the fields around it belonged to them. They stopped to look at the wreckage. They then asked "Is the fence damaged?" (obviously, beng their fence)

When we said no, they wound the window up and drove off.

Go and complain to them about people being hurt in road accidents, over precious fences. I meanwhile, will continue to look and wonder about car crashes.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    About ten minutes later, a LandRover pulled up. Turns out, the house and the fields around it belonged to them. They stopped to look at the wreckage. They then asked "Is the fence damaged?" (obviously, beng their fence)

When we said no, they wound the window up and drove off.

Go and complain to them about people being hurt in road accidents, over precious fences. I meanwhile, will continue to look and wonder about car crashes.
    i think peple like that are known as bastards. uncaring unfeeling selfish bastards.
    I was in a mates car when someone smashed into him once... no one was badly hurt...
    Anyway it was quite close to some traffic lights which had obviously gone red. Some idiot drove passed and looked at the acident a bit too long... he smacked into the back of someone who had stopped at the lights! :lol:
    It wasnt bad, only a bumper to bumper thing...
    i think peple like that are known as bastards. uncaring unfeeling selfish bastards.

I know. I luckily, had not badly hurt any of my arms and threw a (albeit tiny) stone at their car. It probably didn't reach but made me feel better :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Crashes are fascinating, that does not mean they are entertaining.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    (Not having read the whole thread)
    I've seen many car crashes (not the moment they happen, but right afterwards). The crossroads outside my house used to be a regular crash spot, at some point we got one every month! I think at least once someone died...
    It's calmed down now though.
    Violette wrote:
    i think he's right.

Me too. I don't find crashes entertaining in the slightest.

That doesn't mean I don't look to see whats happened. Tbh, the first thing that runs through my mind when I see a crash? 'God, I hope no one's hurt.'
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Me too. I don't find crashes entertaining in the slightest.

That doesn't mean I don't look to see whats happened. Tbh, the first thing that runs through my mind when I see a crash? 'God, I hope no one's hurt.'

Facinating! Thast a much better description. I never use words properly.
    When I did work exerience in year 11 I went to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) and got to help the crash-testing team smashing up cars. It was well fun. I got to dress the crash-test dummies and make sensors :yes:
    my_name wrote:
    Facinating! Thast a much better description. I never use words properly.

Bollocks....
    my_name wrote:
    From the day I got here, I've been thinking to myself, oh I cannot wait for an accident.

:yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
    Randomgirl wrote:
    When I did work exerience in year 11 I went to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) and got to help the crash-testing team smashing up cars. It was well fun. I got to dress the crash-test dummies and make sensors :yes:

Go back and tell them that Peugot 106's aren't good for crashing :yes:
    From the look of them they deserved to be crashed ;)

Oo the other day I saw one of those hideous mini coopers totally smashed into the back of a blaizer. It was like a cartoon the way that mini accordianed.
    i feel your pain manda! Last week when i heard the bank on the next street up was on fire, I really had to stop myself going "oooh oooh fire" jumping up and down and grabbing my shoes to go and watch the place and hopefully get to see some real flames and not just some boring old smoke.

no offence to burns victims or anything.
    my_name wrote:
    From the look of them they deserved to be crashed ;)

Don't you worry, I agree ;) Just don't tell the boyfriend :)
    i feel your pain manda! Last week when i heard the bank on the next street up was on fire, I really had to stop myself going "oooh oooh fire" jumping up and down and grabbing my shoes to go and watch the place and hopefully get to see some real flames and not just some boring old smoke.

no offence to burns victims or anything.

Oh a bank! Always gotta go running to see where the smoke is coming from too. Hate it when it turns out to be a bonfire or something :p
    I can't believe how everyone is digging at my_name for this. You lot have no fucking clue about tragic humour and entertainment.

Geez, why don't you all try dragging those enormous poles out of your asses and lighten up for a change.

My_name, I know what you mean, and I feel your pain, but at least you got to hear the crash this time.

Really though, what camera was that picture taken on, it looks like an 80s video game ;)
    Mist wrote:

Really though, what camera was that picture taken on, it looks like an 80s video game ;)

Crappy camera phone and a shaky hand, so you were really close ;) Or maybe its actually a frogger game shot ;)
    my_name wrote:
    Crappy camera phone and a shaky hand, so you were really close ;) Or maybe its actually a frogger game shot ;)

God I can't believe you played frogger, that's so sick. Won't somebody think of the poor frog.
    i think crashes are always less entertaining when someone you know gets killed in it for sure, but whos denying its fun to see things explode and stuff.
    I mean Id LOVE to see an atomic bomb go off and a big mushroom cloud and everything, even though theyre apparently really bad for the environment.
    Mist wrote:
    I can't believe how everyone is digging at my_name for this. You lot have no fucking clue about tragic humour and entertainment.

Not all of us. You're looking at the girl who went out in bare feet in the snow to see what the huge bang was at 7 in the morning. (I did offer assistence though, I lent them my phone and went to get the drivers wife)

I read this thread light heartedly, and it turned into a huge debate with people calling my_name ridiculous things. I defy them to go past a crash and not look and gawp like everyone else. :)
    Well, obviously it's not funny if it affects people I care about, or causes me to get stuck in a tailback for half an hour, but if it's two BMW drivers swinging briefcases at each other because one dented the other's bumper then that's hilarious.
    Mist wrote:

Crashes fascinate me as much as the next bloke, but I fail to see how they can be entertaining. To actually look forward to somebody having a serious accident you have to be a twisted little cunt.

Do you watch the grand national just to watch the horse fall at the fence?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Crashes fascinate me as much as the next bloke, but I fail to see how they can be entertaining. To actually look forward to somebody having a serious accident you have to be a twisted little cunt.

See my last post.
    Do you watch the grand national just to watch the horse fall at the fence?

Well, yes.
    Mist wrote:
    Well, obviously it's not funny if it affects people I care about, or causes me to get stuck in a tailback for half an hour, but if it's two BMW drivers swinging briefcases at each other because one dented the other's bumper then that's hilarious.

:lol: Oh I'd pull over and get out some popcorn to see that one.

And yes, if it were a big huge life threatening crash I would not have come on here prancing around on it, it was a guy who hit a guard rail, bounced off and went on his merry little way in a few minutes. There is a big difference.

Its tough being a sick demented patheic creep though, people just don't understand you :crying:
    Aww. I understand you my_name. It's hard being a everyday nosy person :)
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Aww. I understand you my_name. It's hard being a everyday nosy person :)

Maybe you and mist and rolly can come over and watch that indy 500 for the crashes and drink tea and stuff *sniff*, cuz as they say, you don't watch races for the race anyways. I'd hate to meet the person that finds watching cars/horses/dogs run round and round to be amusing. :p
    Even better, one of those Police Camera Action things, where they film all the crazy drivers. A few of those crash, then they think they can run as fast as they were going in the car, and try and get away. That's always funny :)
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Even better, one of those Police Camera Action things, where they film all the crazy drivers. A few of those crash, then they think they can run as fast as they were going in the car, and try and get away. That's always funny :)

Those are good too. I saw one the other night where the guy crapped himself once they caught him :p
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I always watch that and World's Wildest Police Videos with Sherriff John Bunnell (retired). And I always 'rubberneck' at accidents. It's just human nature to find out what's been causing the traffic jam and find out who crashed into who.

But taking an interest isn't a bad thing necessarily - at my old work we helped a woman who crashed into a car pulling blindly out of a side road and we called the AA for her. Everyone went to see what the screeching of tyres and the sound of crumpling metal was all about.