Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fashion rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,
some of you might remember that I introduced myself a while ago -I was an intern at thesite for a couple of weeks (sadly my last day was Friday). I had a really good time there, getting an insight into what thesite is all about and how it works.
Anyway, I wrote a rant which is now up in the rants section. I'm Lise (in case you didn't read it on the top of this thread ;) ) and the rant is about fashion...dont worry, it's not a mindless salute to skinny jeans and platforms...quite the opposite. Sooo if any of you wanna read it and tell me what you think i'd be greatful. I'm a journalist student so I would defnitely value some feedback :)

Comments

• Options
    Seeing Lise didn't provide it - link here. :p;)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Thanks for that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Girls who vow to follow the latest fashion of skinny jeans and over-sized sunglasses run the risk of looking like a D-list celebrity, laughs Lise...

...the one who's squeezed her oversized frame into a pair of all too skinny jeans and teamed them with a pair of sky high wedges she can barely balance on.

I think I love you.

I read it.
    And it is good, though I dont know much about the writing aspect, excelnt article though! :thumb:

Though you forgot to talk about men in pink and cringe worthy crap! :yuck::sour:bigbarfyvomit How does it go to no self respecting man would wear pink and in less than a year thats all thats sold. Surley their minds dont change on their own that quick.
  • Options
    Really good. I like articles when they got a bit of humour to them.
  • Options
    I would totally do a rant/article thing for thesite but I have no idea what to write about.
  • Options
    but do they have to be so shallow?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

the link makes things easier...

some will take any excuse to have a go i guess lol :\
  • Options
    muse- wrote:

:yes: Agreed. I actually thought the link was quite helpful as I am lazy. I probably wouldn't have read the article otherwise.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    JsT's skills at being a pretentious prat are even more apparent today than normal.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: Agreed. I actually thought the link was quite helpful as I am lazy. I probably wouldn't have read the article otherwise.
    Ha ha me too.

The article was good Lise :thumb:

One of my course units at university is always full of fashion victims who like have to buy each edition of Vogue on the first day it's in the shops and then spend hundreds of pounds on getting all the lastest stuff. The teacher is just as bad though. Actually I once wore my TheSite t-shirt to her class and she commented on it and was like "what's that?" (not really sure if she meant the t-shirt or thesite)
  • Options
    It wasn't bad, but it wasn't ranty enough. It was a bit wishy-washy, where's the anger?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    JsT's skills at being a pretentious prat are even more apparent today than normal.
    Well spotted.
  • Options
    thanx for the feedback guys!! appreciate it :)
  • Options
    I liked it, but it just didn't seem to have a point or a real conclusion of some kind...

Ilora x
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

i agree