Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why HSBC Are indeed crap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4955362.stm

I'm actually surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. Working in accounts with HSBC on-line banking, I was not very happy when we found out on Friday that the staff are not going to be paid on time again! I had to spend three hours with the finance director paying every-one in cash as nearly all the staff had payments going out of their accounts yesterday, to find out we now have to reclaim the duplicated payroll payments on tuesday! This is the third time in a row that HSBC net have fucked us over in one way or another on the payroll and cost us god knows how much money in bank fees and lost man-hours sorting out the consequent problems. You would think that they would be able to sort out problams and/or push payments through if there is a problem. This is just irresponsible of the banks and I hope that the compensate every single company they have facked the payroll up for.

/Rant Over. I just needed to get it of my chest.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should look into choosing a new bank. Although I don't know how easy it is for businesses.
    I've never had a problem with HSBC.
    You should look into choosing a new bank. Although I don't know how easy it is for businesses.

I wish we could go back to Barclays who we switched from cause they where soo much easier to use. The directors are now considering paying the staff by a different method then BACS.
    HSBC are too big, halifax is also big but they seem to be better on customer care
    the one in colchester high street is currently on fire :yes:

you bad bad girl :)
    Just call me Keith Flint :D

That made me smile! I really want the one with our bank manager in to burn down as well!

Fingers crossed the manager's trapped inside then.
    Sammy2006 wrote:
    HSBC are too big, halifax is also big but they seem to be better on customer care

:lol:

Sorry, I just have to work with those dozy fucks every day.
    Branch managers are just office monkeys, though.
    Branch managers are just office monkeys, though.

True, they don't have any real power anymore.

I'm just pissed off with banks generally at the minute.
    HSBC does not make much from ordinary folk, hence why it does not care too much about them, i.e. most of its profits come from overseas big business.
    i know a lot of people who have mentioned before that they've been pissed off with hsbc.
    if you are that pissed off though... switch to a different one...
    HSBC are funny.

I got into the habit of complaining about anything and everything just because every time you do they seem to make a £20-£40 payment of 'goodwill'...
    dr_carter wrote:
    HSBC are funny.

I got into the habit of complaining about anything and everything just because every time you do they seem to make a £20-£40 payment of 'goodwill'...
    :yes: I complain about everything, they have always co-orperated with me.
    I work for this bunch (sorry). I agree with the "too big" comment. The systems have not kept up with the growth. This bacs issue was an unusually bad one, but bacs is crap in general.

Changing bank is pretty easy, even for some huge companies. I dont even bank with them and i'm staff. What does that tell you. :yuck: