Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teaching People To Drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm considering doing a Full time masters degree in Oct, but so far the only place that does the course is in Wales!!

I was thinking if I did go to Wales for a year what I could do for a bit of part time work with flexible hours and was thinking about the idea of driving instructor - cos it's a uni it's bound to be full of 18 year old's who haven't yet learnt to drive... good way to meet your fellow students .. already been driving a number of years and have a clean licence.

Any idea how you get into it and what's involved?

Also anyone know if Wales has a particular demand for instructors?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Don't bother. You have to fork out a serious amount of cash yourself before becoming a driving instructor.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mr. kaff was/is training to be a driving instructor. you have to pay for your course, and it ain't cheap, so i'd suggest it's only worth it if you're either planning to do it long term, or you've money to burn.

you need to have had a full licence for 3.5 years, and you have to go to lessons, and pass three (i think!) tests: a theory and two practicals.