Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rant!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im so annoyed so this is a proper rant i warn u

Why do shops never have any clothes

Ive just come back from a sucky shoppin trip i thought was goin to be rather excitin

All last week u know it was really hot, well i couldnt find any nice summer tops to wear to college so i thought ill go to primark and get about 20 new ones. But nooooo they dont have anything i like. And i dont have any money now cos i was so despareate ive spent all the little that i had on clothes i am not really excited about (they are nice but not overly nice)

So basically im really annoyed because i hate shoppin anyway let alone when you spend 3 hours and dont find anything grrrrrrrr

i just cant wait till im earning money and can just go online and buy lots of nice, good quality clothes adn not worry about money!!

:mad: :crying: :mad:

rant over, thanks for listening

Comments

• Options
    yeah it annoying
  • Options
    I think with clothes shopping the best thing is to try them on. Buying stuff off the net to wear just sounds like a mistake waiting to happen.

If you think you've made a mistake with what you've bought, get the receipts and clothes together and return stuff that you really don’t like.

Remember you don’t have to buy all your clothes on one day and in one town/shopping centre. In fact, you might find that in you were desperation you might have bought very similar clothes.

So take stock, and maybe return some stuff and go shopping again.
  • Options
    Went to Brum yesterday and the same thing happened - a came home with one top. Went out to the local shopping centre today and AGAIN, absolute garbage. :mad:

Grrr. Ilora x
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I still have gift cards from christmas because I can't find anything worth buying.
    Don't want anything with free money, thats bad.
  • Options
    I think with clothes shopping the best thing is to try them on. Buying stuff off the net to wear just sounds like a mistake waiting to happen.

I disagree - we've been buying clothes out of mail order catalogues for decades, and internet shopping is no different.

The distance selling regulations say that you have 7 days from when you receive something to change you mind and return it for a refund. Ok - it's not as convenient as trying something on in a shop, but I think the wider choice, etc makes up for that.

If you are still in doubt, just make sure you buy from somewhere with a clear returns/exchange policy.
  • Options
    im always seeing stuff id love but dont have the money for. Sometimes i just go window shopping just to torture myself or try things on. how sad am i?
  • Options
    Online shopping is the best imo... I hate going shopping in town...
  • Options
    Yeah a lot of people dont know that you can send this back you buy out of a catalogue - anyway im not old/rich enough to do this :(

And the closest primark( the one i went to) is about 1 hour away - seein i cant drive, and am a music student - at college 9-5 every day and then have orchestra rehersals saturday mornings 9-2 then im pretty full - as well as tryin to pass A levels i need to revise for

thanks for the advice though xxx