Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Playing games without the CD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just got a load of those kids games (those BBC ones) and I want to be able to play them without the CD. I've copied the contents of the CD to the hard drive and installed them from there, but they still prompt me to insert the CD each time they start. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    You need a virtual CD program. Nero has one, or there's Alchohol 120%
  • Options
    You'd need a no-cd crack, they usually help. Some are available from here. Don't be mislead by the name, it's not illegal (to my knowledge).
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    You'd need a no-cd crack, they usually help. Some are available from here. Don't be mislead by the name, it's not illegal (to my knowledge).

Most games use some sort of copy protection that checks to see if a genuine disk is in the drive. Being able to play the game without a cd might be considered a way to by-pass protection.

BUT being a gamer, I hate having to hunt for my cd cases, even if the game uses a cd key verification system. CD based copy protection mostly only hurts people who pay for it in the first place.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    good link. just knew this one.

all I know is you only need a daemon virtual cd and your good to go.
  • Options
    tisoy wrote:
    good link. just knew this one.

all I know is you only need a daemon virtual cd and your good to go.

Doesn't usually work, most of the time you still need a no-cd crack.
  • Options
    gamecopyworld.com is good to have no-cd no-dvd patch... and those are not crack either...

EDIT: Just saw the link was already posted... so nevermind...
  • Options
    Yeah use the patch then mount the image with daemon tools
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    www.gamecopyworld.com
    www.gameburnworld.com
    www.megagames.com

Great sites.

Also, Deamon Tools for images.
  • Options
    no cd cracks ARE illegal as it involves changing a file in the game (replacing the old .exe file with a new one) which doesnt check the CD tray for the CD,

best bet because there old bbc games CD cracks might be hard is to download alchaol 120%, burn the cd into an image format (a .cue and .bin files onto your pc) and use alcahol to make a virtual cd drive, mount the .cue file onto the virtual drive and it'll think a cd is in the drive,

worsk everytime for me, and since there old games, shouldnt be a problem