Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If someone blocks you on MSN

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do they still appear on the list of people that have you added to their msn?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes. If someone blocks you, you will never know (except for the fact that their other friends can see them and you can't)
    lol ive been blocked then
    If you're blocked by someone, they appear offline - they can still see that you're onlinr, but you can't see when they're online.
    Naah there is a way to tell - tried this one day me and my cousin blocked each other and we couldn't see each other but also meant we couldn't remove each other from the internel list of ID's under the Privacy setting.
    As far as I know there is no way of telling if you have been blocked or not, apart from asking a mutual mate if so and so is online.
    Yes, you can tell. It used to be 100% accurate but it isn't anymore - might tell you that you're not blocked by someone when, in reality, you are. But if it says you're blocked, then you almost certainly are.

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

I've no idea if this functionality is available in the official MSN client - I can't run it until Microsoft release a version for *nix :).
    Yes, you can tell. It used to be 100% accurate but it isn't anymore - might tell you that you're not blocked by someone when, in reality, you are. But if it says you're blocked, then you almost certainly are.

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

I've no idea if this functionality is available in the official MSN client - I can't run it until Microsoft release a version for *nix :).
    where abouts would I try on that page?
    VinylVicky wrote:
    where abouts would I try on that page?

From looking at that site, it's not a site to check if you have been blocked or not, rather a site for a MSN Messenger 'clone'

IE, a program that does the job of MSN but in a few other peoples opinions a better job.

This program comes with a 'Have I been blocked' option in it, which isnt given with the normal MSN messenger

To try it out, you'll need to download and install it - you can always uninstall it later and/or run it alongside your normal MSN Messenger

Umm, hope i've made sense :)
    ^Aye, I should have been clearer. aMSN is a MSN messenger clone, developed initially for folk who didn't have access to MSN because Microsoft wouldn't release a version for their OS.

One of the features built-in to it is that it'll put a funky icon next to a users name if you have been deleted or blocked by them.
    Oooo I think I might download this out of curiousity :p
    cool. which version do i download?
    In regards to msn, is anyone having any problems signing in?

I can't sign in with this amsn I've downloaded or my normal msn.
    Haha I downloaded out of curiousity! Waste of my time though :p
    Did it not let you sign into it either?
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Did it not let you sign into it either?

No, it let me sign in. Just that no-one has blocked me!
    Lol. I just reset my computer and it let me sign into it.

I had a few people who had me blocked (most of them I had blocked too)

It showed me who didn't have me on their list anymore too.

I still prefer msn though.
    ButtonMoon wrote:

aMSN has been around for a few years now. I really can't see them harvesting email addresses with it, and I use it on my system. It's safe, in my opinion. Not that it counts for much around here ;).
    *Stacey* wrote:
    In regards to msn, is anyone having any problems signing in?

I can't sign in with this amsn I've downloaded or my normal msn.

No, I'm signing in without problems. Someone else was having issues earlier though...
    VinylVicky wrote:
    cool. which version do i download?

Depends on your OS. If you're running Windows, then clicking the Windows icon would probably be a good place to start :).
    Haha I downloaded out of curiousity! Waste of my time though :p

Because you're so lovely, and nobody has any need or desire to block you? ;)
    Depends on your OS. If you're running Windows, then clicking the Windows icon would probably be a good place to start :).

cheers hon...but i meant which mirror do i choose? i havent got a clue!
    Any :). Closer is generally better, but they'll all have the same file on them :).
    dam!
    Q: Can I see who blocked me?
    A: No, this feature is no longer available because the block detection bug has been fixed.
    Still seems to work okay for me... :)
    Still seems to work okay for me... :)
    where in the options do yuo look to see who has blcked you? i just went straight toFAQ
    Apparently with the latest MSN you can't check anymore, few years back you could do it, but Microsoft changed the script in the program.
    You can check http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=3 they have plenty of software that can chec if someone blocked you...

Otherwise from the same place you can download the msn patch which allow you to run multiple instance of the messenger... run 1 wit your proper account... open an other account hotmail, log in the second instance with it and add the person you suspect... I think most people will accept the add just to check who it is, if they do and you see them online on the second account but not your main you know they blocked you...
    You can check http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=3 they have plenty of software that can chec if someone blocked you...

Otherwise from the same place you can download the msn patch which allow you to run multiple instance of the messenger... run 1 wit your proper account... open an other account hotmail, log in the second instance with it and add the person you suspect... I think most people will accept the add just to check who it is, if they do and you see them online on the second account but not your main you know they blocked you...

No, they don't work anymore read the info on that site, also look at the date those files were added... 2002. You can't do it with the latest MSN software anymore.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    where in the options do yuo look to see who has blcked you? i just went straight toFAQ

Once signed in, have a look at your list of contacts. If they have a red cross next to their name, then you've been blocked/deleted :).

Like I said before, it isn't as accurate as it used to be, but it's more often accurate than not.
    Nash wrote:
    No, they don't work anymore read the info on that site, also look at the date those files were added... 2002. You can't do it with the latest MSN software anymore.

My second option might work tho, if you crete a ew account and add the to your buddy list, if they accept you can see if they are online or not... not a sure thing tho...