Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No Physical Relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my girlfriend pretty much hates it if i try to show her any affection whatsoever :( which i don't like! so this means even a little kiss she wont let me give her one but dont worry, i can still giv her a hug! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: whats going on?! is this really normal?

Comments

• Options
    Is this a long term problem or just very recently?
  • Options
    In public or private?
    How old are you guys?
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    my girlfriend pretty much hates it if i try to show her any affection whatsoever :( which i don't like! so this means even a little kiss she wont let me give her one but dont worry, i can still giv her a hug! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: whats going on?! is this really normal?
    may be she is scared of bodily fluids?
    may be she is scared of getting close to anyone?
    may be...
    the only way you are going to understand what is going on with her is to talk to her about it.
  • Options
    OK - firstly, Are you having a sexual relationship? if not it may be that she is scared and doesn't know how to talk to you about it. My advice - chat to her frankly and openly about it.

if you are having a sexual relationship then there could be many reasons ranging from some kind of sexual/relationship trauma to just a general 'tough' persona.

you need to talk to her. Show her you care and try to forget the fact that you are a sexual human being with needs. sometimes communication needs to come before your sexual/romantic needs :)
  • Options
    How old are you? if your very young, then its understandable.
  • Options
    How old are you? if your very young, then its understandable.
    In my experience, it's the 14 year olds that have no problem "showing their affection" for each other in full public view.

If she's a shy girl anyway, then she might be just that - shy. If she's a bit inexperienced, then it might take her a while to get used to it, even in private. Otherwise, if it's early on in your relationship, then she might not want everyone to know straight away, until she's more sure herself.
  • Options
    well were both 17 and no were not having a sexual relationship, how can we do that if she wont even kiss me! she says she doesnt feel comfortable with me and it has been like this for severals months or so but sometimes its ok and sometimes she just gets moody and wont talk to me!
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    well were both 17 and no were not having a sexual relationship, how can we do that if she wont even kiss me! she says she doesnt feel comfortable with me and it has been like this for severals months or so but sometimes its ok and sometimes she just gets moody and wont talk to me!

I say back off. She could be worried that when you're getting all kissy with her you're expecting it to turn to sex. How about trying just a non threatening peck on the cheek a few times. I know it must be really frustrating for you but pressure from you will make it worse.
  • Options
    yeh i understand that but we dont get to see each other that often so i just give her kiss but now she wont turn her head to kiss me so i get a rejection kiss! Argh dont worry i'll talk to her about it!
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    yeh i understand that but we dont get to see each other that often so i just give her kiss but now she wont turn her head to kiss me so i get a rejection kiss! Argh dont worry i'll talk to her about it!

Yeah I think its a good idea to talk to her. Maybe reassure her that you arent going to push her to do anything until she is ready..no matter how long it takes and that you'll wait. Unless of course you don't want to wait.
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    she says she doesnt feel comfortable with me and it has been like this for severals months or so
    tbh mate, i don't think she is ready for a relationship with you then. - ask her what she is getting out of having a relationship with you...
  • Options
    Shes either scared/worried maybe or just doesn't fancy you that much.
  • Options
    seems more like a platonic relationship or friendship to me... if you make her clear you are not after sex and she still doesn't want to even kiss you... that's really weird... or as LacyMay she just doen't fancy you that much... maybe she reject you hoping you will break up...
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:

Get a new girlfriend instead.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Get a new girlfriend instead.

Harsh