Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How To Tell Him... (Guys Answer Too Please!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ladies:
You're lying with your bf/fancyman/fiancee/husband and he tries to put his fingers 'down there'. However, you're on your period, and you have to stop him before things just get messy. How do you tell him?

Guys:
You're a bit excited, and you wanna heat her up a bit too. Your hand reaches down there, but she opens her mouth as if to tell you she's on period and so the game must be paused. How best would you like her to put it across?

Merci!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it a new boyfriend by any chance?
    Well... I've just started seeing this guy recently. But I've been wondering what the best way people thought was. I've had to say and do it in previous relationships. I was just curious how other people went about it!
    just say "I'm on my period" and that's about it...
    also it aint cos you are on your period that you have to stop...
    id just say "im on my period by the way, in case that bothers you", but hopefully it wouldnt make any difference.
    \
    But... how can that not make a difference...?
    I mean, before, my bfs have stopped straight away. Cause, to be fair, it's a bit messy, right?
    it's just a bit of blood, some people don't mind, most do tho i think...
    Hmm... I guess it's better just to be straight forward. Makes le sense!
    Tis my past technique anyway.

And I guess if then they wanna carry on, then they can do.
    I don't mind at all when a girls on, adds to the filth hehe

Some girls i've being with have being bothered about it and stopped me by saying "I'm on" (standard shit), some warn me with the same comment but let me carry on. Apparently sex is better for girls when they're on, but as I'm a lad I'll never know, this is what some girls have told me in the past anyway.
    Or gently move his hands away with something along the lines of 'thats nice but its the wrong time of the month'.
    I remember there was one time I actually just said, "I'm not really sure you want to do that..."

And he was just like, "Ah..." and kept well away.

Doesn't mean that I can't have my way with him though! Mwoahahaha!
    "I can't, I'm on my period"? has always worked for my g/f
    I just warn him its that time of the month, depends how he feels if it bothers him or not.
    I usually go for something along the lines of "not tonight darling, I've got the painters in".

Same as.

Agreed that it definitely doesn't mean getting it on is an automatic no-no; but I suppose it's only polite to give your fella fair warning ;)
    say soory, its on the blob time so you have to have all the fun tonight! he cant complain then !
    say soory, its on the blob time so you have to have all the fun tonight! he cant complain then !

Heheh! Deffo!
    I just tell my boyfriend to give up and I move his hands somewhere else. I don't refuse him any other time so he knows what it means. If he wants to carry on then I won't stop him; it doesn't really make any more mess, it's just not a particularly nice thought.

Saying that, he didn't need telling last time because I was so cranky for the whole week. :yeees:
    Apparently sex is better for girls when they're on,
    :yes: can be!
    stronger orgasms because of increased blood flow to the area.
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I mean, before, my bfs have stopped straight away. Cause, to be fair, it's a bit messy, right?

It depends on the lad. A tiny bit of blood has never put me off, there's nothing toxic about it. I probably wouldn't go down on a girl then, but that's all.

If you don't want him to continue then tell him. Say you're on and you feel a bit sore down there. I don't understand why you would be ashamed of being on your period though, its natural, and as long as you tell him I don't think it'll send him running for miles either. And apparently one of the best cures for the cramping is an orgasm.
    "I'm sorry, I don't like that when I'm on"
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Just tell him straight. No point in fucking about.

Besides, he might like it.
    Just say I'm on and leave it at that
    :yes: can be!
    stronger orgasms because of increased blood flow to the area.

:yes: by libido is higher, but from behind hurts :(

I just tell him on my period and if he wants to badly, I'll get a tampon in there and we just use lube. I have a problem about him getting blood on him. Its yuck. And I'll only have sex in light bleeding times (at the end of the week)
    :yes: by libido is higher, but from behind hurts :(

I just tell him on my period and if he wants to badly, I'll get a tampon in there and we just use lube. I have a problem about him getting blood on him. Its yuck. And I'll only have sex in light bleeding times (at the end of the week)

Umm clarify what you mean please. How can you have a tampon in and have sex, you can't.
    Just have sex with a towel underneath. Saves the sheets.
    Sorry, I mean fingering, cause that was the main topic for telling him if yuo have it or not... or so I gathered
    Indeed. Although, it would appear that I won't have to worry about this this month anyway because he's very busy with exams, so by the time we really have a chance to be together that intimately, I'll be done and finished.

But yeah, I always thought telling straight made more sense. I just thought the idea kinda creeped guys out/ turned them off. But your responses say otherwise. Tis all good.

x
    Nah, it will creep out the odd little child, but men don't care about it really.

If you want sex don't let a bit of blood put you off, but if you don't want it then its a good enough reason. Just remember that you'll probably need to use quite a lot of lube if you have sex during your period, as wearing a tampon can dry everything out even though you obviously take it out before you have sex.
    "I cant do anything, time of the month!"
    IWishIWas wrote:
    But yeah, I always thought telling straight made more sense. I just thought the idea kinda creeped guys out/ turned them off. But your responses say otherwise. Tis all good.

I used to think that too but since being with my boyfriend- he seems to know more about periods that I do :lol: