Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strawberries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yum yum yum :yum: eating some at the moment! Anyone had any recently?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep had some few weeks back... strawberries are indeed yummy...
    Better when they are in season though.
    Better when you go pick them up in the garden... my grandad use to have meters of strawberries... spend hours looking for some and eating them :)
    mm yeah theyre nice :) prefer raspberries though!!
    Wild strawberries are the best. So yummeh!
    My grandad used to grow wild strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, black currants and gooseberries. Loads of vegetables aswell.
    Me and my bro used to get sent out to pick raspberries :)
    i stole some quality fruit salad yesterday and it was full of strawberries, gawd they were awesome.
    I love the taste of strawberries but I hate the texture of them so I cant eat strawberries :(
    I love them as long as theyre big and juicy and sweet. i hate it when you get crappy out of season greenhouse grown strawberries that have no taste. Theyre sooo disappointing.
    Ooh my mouth is watering for strawbs now. Will talk nice to me Mam to let me get some after work. Melt a big bar of Galaxy and just pig out in ze sun. Mwaha.
    Yep! Had some last night and some for breakfast this morning in home made fresh fruit salad! Still got some in the fridge so I can have strawberries with whipped cream and double chocolate chip cookies! YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    I used to go strawberry picking with my mum and sister after school when we were younger and one particular day I ate a few too many in the field (sorry strawberry farmer) and then ate so many at home that I was sick. I still can't resist them though!
    :yum: I love strawberries.

I couldn't eat any at the minute though. I'm still feeling sick and was sick when I woke up this morning :(
    Aparently if you put pepper on them it brings out the flavour. :D
    I've got pic'n'mix strawberries :yum:
    I've got pic'n'mix strawberries :yum:

The only strawberries i like are the sweet ones :yes:
    Goes fantastically with cream and the lovely weather! :yum:
    I haven't got them any more :blush: yum yum yum.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mmmm... Strawberries. :yum:

I'll try to get some soon...
    I went to school with Ian Bothams' niece and her family had a big fruit farm so we used to run through the fields pickng raspberries etc - yummmm!
    Hmmmm......Strawberries...... Used to grow my own in a window box. Was awesome!
    Strawberries and cool whip *dies* :yum:
    \
    I love strawberries but they make my tongue hurt. If I eat too many of them, I get big bumps swelling up on my tongue. I thought they did that to everybody until last year when I mentioned in conversation with someone, "you know how strawberries make your tongue sting?" and realised they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I considered stopping eating them in case that's a sign I'm going to drop down dead from anaphylactic shock one day after eating them...but then decided against it cos I love them too much. Plus, I never heard of anyone dying from a strawberry allergy so I reckon I'm safe.
    I have that kind of problem with my tongue. I get it with a lot of things - hot drinks, sweets, oranges and other stuff. I'm not always sure what sets it off. On the tip of my tongue I get loads of bumps, pimples and it gets really red and then over the rest of my tongue it looks like I have patches of the skin missing, and it stings like hell! Have always had it but don't know exactly what sets it off, or why it happens. Boiled sweets are the worst thing for it though - I reckon my tongue is sensitive to acid in foods and the acid burns some of the skin off - sounds a bit too dramatic though!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm having strawberries now... :yum:

Scarlettleeds, why don't you ask a doctor? It might really be risky to you or you might be able to do something to eat them and prevent that... It doesn't sound nice! I think it might be risky to keep eating them like that.
    icey wrote:
    Aparently if you put pepper on them it brings out the flavour. :D

:yes: indeedy. Only a little pepper mind, just enough to give a bit of bitterness so the strawberries taste uber sweet when you bite them
    I had some on Monday and yesterday.

They are all gone now though :yum:
    Mmmmmmmm i had some :yum:

Don't know about putting pepper on them though.. whipped cream is much nicer :yum:
    i love them but only when they're chopped up and i prefer them with grapes!
    i hate strawberries. i like strawberry jam and jam tarts by i cant stand actualy strawberries.
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Mmmmmmmm i had some :yum:

Don't know about putting pepper on them though.. whipped cream is much nicer :yum:

I always get yelled at for making the tub of cool whip pink :p