Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

To the DJ's of TheSite...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm bored... but also interested...

Whats your set up, and put a photo if possible...

I'm using:

1x Behringer DJX700 Mixer
2x Denon DN-S3500 CD Mixers
1x Numark CDN22 Rack Mounted Duel CD Rack (For samples or 3 deck mixing)
1x Gemini PT-1000 Direct Drive Turntable (Cant fit the other on the desk haha! I just tent to go from Vinyl to CD)
1x Technics 1200 Headphones
2x Mission Speakers
2x Gemini Speakers (Huge 400 watt fuckers! :D )
1x Gemini X2 Amp

All wired up to my PC for recording purposes! Photo attached..
You cant see the Gemini Speakers as they wouldnt fit in the photo properly and were tucked away, so I attached a second pic of them pulled out...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oops!

I just realised in the first photo, the controller for the Numark CD Rack is hidden behind that soundlad light... I put it there to test something... but you can just see it at the back! :thumb:
    Got 2 old Tecnichs MKII (with one missing a foot) and good gemini mixer a technics amp (2x200) and some speakers to go with it... Not much at all and haven't used them in months... they need needles... I miss mixing :( ... Don't have space for my set here... but played at my mastes last friday and still got it :) Was fun!
    two Cd mixers

4 CD Mixers :D

Photo 1: The other 2 CD Mixers
    Photo 2: A bit Closer on one of the denons and the Mixer
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Got 2 old Tecnichs MKII

I miss my 1210's, there the mutt's nut's mate!

Had to sell them a few years back due to money troubles! :crying:

These Gemini's are ok though. Might bung the other one up somewhere if I can find some room... I love CD mixing, but theres nothing like having 12"'s in your hand! :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    I miss my 1210's, there the mutt's nut's mate!

Had to sell them a few years back due to money troubles! :crying:

These Gemini's are ok though. Might bung the other one up somewhere if I can find some room... I love CD mixing, but theres nothing like having 12"'s in your hand! :D

12" is just great I have never mixed with CDs and frankly will not as long as I can... mixed mp3 few times on my computer, but it was shite... can't wait to have a place big enough to set them up again... and make some noise!!!
    In all honesty the difference between Vinyl Decks, and the Denons I have is really only the size of a platter...

If you look at the top of the denons they have a clear vinyl on them... it sits on a spindle and looks and feels exactly like a 7" Vinyl...
    They are so realistic, exactly like mixing with vinyl... even when it comes down to scratching!

When you load a CD, the mixer in effect buffers the tune onto the vinyl you get with it... so as I say, its no different apart from smaller!
    Have you ever tried the technics CD ones? They are the only one I might look into if I ever play using CDs I love the size of them...

resize?width=420&maxheight=330
    you guys need one of these bad boys
    cyclone.jpg
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Sold my 1210's not long ago. :( Had plenty of vinyl but never really got serious about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    i get to play with the decks at work, two mixers, one is a pioneer, the other im not sure of, with numark rack mounted cd players, and a pair of pioneer CDJ-1000 mk2's

and lots of amps
    Have you ever tried the technics CD ones? They are the only one I might look into if I ever play using CDs I love the size of them...

resize?width=420&maxheight=330

I nearly brought the Technics instead of my Denons... but after reading alot of reviews the denons seemed to come out on top...

If you scroll down on this page there is a video of them being used, after watching that I was sold!

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdplayers/denon/dns3500
    Jesus thats a nice set up! When i have more money and all one day mine will be like that .... but .... for now i have

2 x Numark TT-200's
    1 X Numark DM1050
    1 X Sony Headphones

Nice and basic :D but still very good for what i want at the moment :D , will get a pic later :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    I nearly brought the Technics instead of my Denons... but after reading alot of reviews the denons seemed to come out on top...

If you scroll down on this page there is a video of them being used, after watching that I was sold!

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdplayers/denon/dns3500

Nice decks, but couldn't be bother watching the all thing... didn't like what he was playing...
    GoodFella wrote:
    2 x Numark TT-200's

What are they like to mix on? I thought the Numark TT range looked really nice... I was tempted once by the top ones of them... cant remeber the model off hand, but they looked so nice and very feature heavy!
    Despite what people might say about them i really like them. To me they seem perfect to mix on. Very good torque and even though i've read alot of reviews about the pitch drifting and not sticking, seems very good to me. Would recommend them to anyone.

Would like to invest in a better mixer now though as im gradually getting better. A CD deck would be nice as well after looking on Juno and seeing that there selling digital releases of tracks for like 99p!! But seeing as i will be a student with a loan i doubt that will happen anytime soon.
    Yeah, thats why I moved to CD...
    I was spending far too much on vinyl, about £150-£200 a month...

Now I do mainly CD and some vinyl still... there are some things you just cant get on mp3!
    There is a website called beatport.com which do high quallity MP3s ranging all different types of music, its good!

I wouldnt mind a new mixer too... but I just shelled out for the Denons so I think I will leave it for a bit... When I do though, I think its got to be a....

Xone62
    Flippin eck :thumb:
    JamesZero wrote:
    I wouldnt mind a new mixer too... but I just shelled out for the Denons so I think I will leave it for a bit... When I do though, I think its got to be a....

Xone62

I love that mixer... it's my dream mixer... tried it in a shop once, was fucking amazing...
    I love that mixer... it's my dream mixer... tried it in a shop once, was fucking amazing...

I have only used one once... was playing in a club and they had one...

I fell in love with it!
    Such a smooth and brilliant sounding mixer, the onboard filter effects are nice as well.
    JamesZero wrote:
    I have only used one once... was playing in a club and they had one...

I fell in love with it!
    Such a smooth and brilliant sounding mixer, the onboard filter effects are nice as well.

Yes and doesn't feel like you are going to break it when you play with it, like the big pioneer and doesn't have tonnes of useless shit on it... my mates got the big pioneer and I hate it...
    Yes and doesn't feel like you are going to break it when you play with it, like the big pioneer and doesn't have tonnes of useless shit on it... my mates got the big pioneer and I hate it...

Do you mean the DJM600... i.e this one

I used to have one of them, the on board effects are good. But I agree, the actual mixer is flimsy, very weak!

I like something I can pound the shit out of every now and then! :thumb:
    JamesZero wrote:
    Do you mean the DJM600... i.e this one

I used to have one of them, the on board effects are good. But I agree, the actual mixer is flimsy, very weak!

I like something I can pound the shit out of every now and then! :thumb:

Yeah that one, it is shit, even broke my mate one...
    If it was more sturdy, it would be a nice mixer...

I had only had it just over a year and 2 of the channels broke...

Just out of warrenty... and £45 each to replace!!! So I sold it and moved on!
    What music you normally play JamesZero? Drum N Bass?

Think its time to hook everything up to my laptop :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    If it was more sturdy, it would be a nice mixer...

I had only had it just over a year and 2 of the channels broke...

Just out of warrenty... and £45 each to replace!!! So I sold it and moved on!

My mate just love it I never understood it, my Gemini is not a big model but I could hit it wit a hammer and it will still work... channels and fader are all in metal, no plastic holder... mixer is 3 years guarantee and even the crossfader was guarantee for 1 year...

My set atm...
    decks.jpg
    My mixer (fucking ditry)
    mixer.jpg
    I have been through different stages with DJing...

I started with UK Garage, then that started to die out and the music was becoming rubbish. I moved onto funky house and did a bit of R&B / Hip Hop at the same time because I was doing alot of bar work then and thats what they wanted.

Drum & Bass I have always liked and listened to, but I have only started mixing it in the last year or so... and its slowly taken over as the main thing I mix, love doing it!
    I have loads of CD folders though covering the major dance music types over the last few years. Its nice to mix different stuff every now and then!

What about you?
    My mate just love it I never understood it, my Gemini is not a big model but I could hit it wit a hammer and it will still work... channels and fader are all in metal, no plastic holder... mixer is 3 years guarantee and even the crossfader was guarantee for 1 year...

My set atm...

My mixer (fucking ditry)

Nice looking speakers...
    My mate used to have that mixer, its sturdy as fuck... if they had built the twin towers out of it the planes would have bounced off! :thumb:
    Techno man through and through :D

I remember when i was younger my brother played some mixes by Carl Cox ( fucking legend) to me and i just fell in love with the music. Was awesome! More into the harder and darker end of techno. Havent really got into all this minimal mumbo jumbo, i mean don't get me wrong there is some quality minimal tech out there but its not really for me.

Long live Techno! :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    Nice looking speakers...

Were fucking cheap tho... 2x150 only... but were less than £40... can't remeber exact price...
    JamesZero wrote:
    My mate used to have that mixer, its sturdy as fuck... if they had built the twin towers out of it the planes would have bounced off! :thumb:

:lol: It is fucky sturdy that's why I like it so much, no need to try to be gently... Gemini is well known for that... they do basic mixer, but strong as fuck...

Was just thinking I might be able to find some tiny space in the computer room for my decks... tiny space... but worth the shot... I realised how muc I missed mixing when I played few days ago... it does relax you, it is fucking enjoyable... basically i really miss it now...

or it's summer so I can put my decks on the roof... lol...