Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ioen Days

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
One of the teachers in school has organised one to go to Plymouth Uni sometime at the end of June. (I think it's when I would've left) but I'm planning on not going to/applying to any uni for at least the next 3 years or so. Anyway, is there any point me going to this open day or not?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well it might help you clarify your decisions about uni and it might be useful for in three years time. What do you mean by "open day"? Is it like a general tour about what university life would be like?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Well it might help you clarify your decisions about uni and it might be useful for in three years time. What do you mean by "open day"? Is it like a general tour about what university life would be like?

It's a chance to look around the university, ask question about courses and campus.
  • Options
    presumably if its free it couldn't hurt to go and waste a bit of time looking around, at the very least it will get you away from your lectures and give you an idea of what uni's are like for when / if you do decide to go.
  • Options
    Plymouth Uni's great! :D

(Shameless plug at own uni)
  • Options
    I spoke the lady who deals with uni stuff on Wednesday. She seems to think there's no point me actually going...

Seriously Rich-E, is Plymouth uni any good?
  • Options
    I love it, but then I would say that. There's no shortage of places to go or bars to drink in, the university has a load of new buildings and a lot of investment going into it too. The union is a great place, and theres loads of clubs to join and be a part of.

Everywhere is within walking distance, the city (also under development with a massive shopping "mall" opening soon), the historic barbican and hoe. Student halls are across the road from campus, with even a few bars in that short distance too and rented accomodation is all around, no shortage of it.

Plymouth is on the west border of Devon, so 5 minutes and you're into Cornwall, surfing country, beaches and undiscovered territory. Not to mention exeter being an hour on the train back to the east, bout 45 mins in the car. The weather is gorgeous in the summer too, had the first bbq of the season end of April.

I'm from Kent, so i'm a bit far from home but I still love it, getting home costs a bit but I don't go often. Depends where you'd be coming down from really and whether travelling home often is an issue.

The Uni also jumped 30 places in the guardian league tables this year too, which I think says something going on the development of it all in the past few years.

If you want any more info, PM me, I don't even know if what i've told you is of any use!
  • Options
    Thanks. I actually live in Plymouth and don't live that far away from the university.
  • Options
    I think you should go on the tour.