Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ah.. yes. The subject of piercings. I have my ears pierced but would love my lip and nose done. Just wondering if it hurts much?

And.. what piercings do you all have? :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's the one question that can never be answered - does it hurt?
    Pain, is subjective. Pain thresholds differ from person to person.
    It's also a needle being poked through flesh - how could it not hurt? :thumb:

I've had so far; Nostril, lobes x6, cartilage x2, 7mm stretches in lobes x2, surface tragus x2, tragus and navel.

Ilora x
    Ive got my tongue, helix and my tragus done, and used to have my eyebrow.
    in my opinion (others i know disagree) the tragus hurt like a bitch. The thing was solid and took a hell of a lot of effort/pain to get the needle through. Helix was fine, bit of a sting by other than that fine. Eyebrow was just like your average injection, bit sore but nothing unbearable. And tongue, well yea it hurt, of course it did, but nowhere as much as thought it would.

So yea pain is subjective, piercings are easy to deal with with just dont compare them to non-pain situations!
    Just my ears :blush:

I used to have my nose pierced though
    Used to have my lips done, did it myself, pain wasn't so bad, shouldn't be that bad, also I have a good tolerance over pain... Otherwise got ear plugs of 11mm, 2 at my navel and 2 in my tongues... used to have 4 at navel, both nipples done, round 10 in each hear, eyebrow, nose, one down there and some diverse surface ones... only kept a few got bored of the other ones...
    I used to have my navel and nipple done, also my nose but not any more. Now i just have my ears stretched to 6mm and and 2mm in each ear.
    Just watch someone having their lip pierce here ...
    i have my ears done (7 individual piercings) my lip and my belly button. in my opinion ears hurt the most by far. i had my ears done by a gun and the other two are by a needle, it takes longer but its much smoother and less pain

if you really want it done then 5 seconds of pain is definatly worth it
    I have 3 piercings in my ears, and 1 in my navel. I'm thinking about having my nipples pierced in future, and maybe something below the waist if I'm feeling brave. Can't have any visible facial piercings as my medical school requests you take them out during the clinical years.
    Just my lobes twice in each ear, two cartilidge in one and one in the other. Would quite fancy getting a conch pericing in my ear but the best piercers in brighton shut down and I'm not keen on the other main ones from what I've heard.
    I have 2x Ears, Belly and did have my nose but that got caught on everythin and You couldnt just wipe your face with a fannel without being very careful!
    I want my lip done like that lass int hat video. Gonna get that done next month after I gets me tattoo :D
    I want my lip and my bellybutton done but I'm not sure if the lip one would suit me. So far I've only had my ear lobes done (3 times but redone 2 of those times)
    Only have my ear lobes done. But am hopefully getting a nipple/or both pierced on the week on my 18th :) (in Oct), has to be when I'm over 18 cos of the parentals lol.
    your-babe wrote:
    Only have my ear lobes done. But am hopefully getting a nipple/or both pierced on the week on my 18th :) (in Oct), has to be when I'm over 18 cos of the parentals lol.

If you want both nipple, have them done at the same time, as sometimes some people do one and never go back for the second... It's a bit painful, not that's bad, but if you plan on doing both, do it in a raw...
    Have my ears done just the once. Used to have my nipple done but have taken that out.
    I am not at all squeamish. But I can't watch that video, urgh.

I've got my ears pierced twice, and my belly button.
    Got my nose done a couple of yrs ago, the pain wasnt too bad when i got it done cos its over so fast. I couldnt move my mouth for a while afta tho cos it kept stretching the skin :blush:
    If you want both nipple, have them done at the same time, as sometimes some people do one and never go back for the second... It's a bit painful, not that's bad, but if you plan on doing both, do it in a raw...
    I didnt find it hurt much at all when i got mine done. it went through easy as butter. My navel on the other hand :crazyeyes :shocking:
    I didnt find it hurt much at all when i got mine done. it went through easy as butter. My navel on the other hand :crazyeyes :shocking:

Nipple it depends on how it's done and how it is pierce... depending on the way it is done it will hurt or not much... it also depends on people, but I know quite a few people that got only one done and never did the other cos of the pain... for the way it look it's best to do both imo, one just look weird...
    I think all nipple piercings look gay tbh, whether its one or both.
    especially when worn with a leather cap and shorts.
    I don't think they look, gay, the look good when both are done and properly... I like them diagonal better that horizontal tho...
    I have 5 piercings in my ears...4 in the bottom lobes and 1 cartilege. I also have my lip & navel done. I wanted my tongue done but they wouldnt :-/

The pain is definitely subjective. I think though that if you want something pierced badly enough the pain will be worth it, like with my lip, I was that excited to get it done I didn't care how much it would hurt (and it wasnt that bad).

I want some more cartilege piercings but out of all the piercings I've had it hurt the most, its tough up there! and it took absolutely ages to heal, it doesnt help that you're sleeping on it and catching it and stuff.
    I've just got my ear lobes pierced.

When I was younger I had my left ear pierced at the top but I took it out after 18 months.

Like the others have said the pain is an individual thing.
    Ok, cheers. Yeah, it also works out cheaper to have both done at the same time, than individually twice at my local place.
    I have both my earlobes, a cartilage at the top of my right ear and my nose. Was considering a clit hood piercing but went with a friend of mine to get hers done - that put me off THAT bright idea for good!!
    How do you have your neck pierced?
    Guessing it's a surface piercing? Gal in my sociology class has one, looks good, but I would'nt be good with the pain lol.
    What would they use to pierce the helix of your ear?
    your-babe wrote:
    Guessing it's a surface piercing? Gal in my sociology class has one, looks good, but I would'nt be good with the pain lol.
    Sounds painful!
    I am a big wimp, I haven't got any piercings, not even my ears.
    Oh I've always wanted a neck one. I love them. Lets see it!