Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Clear braces thingies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cannot think of what they are called right now, but pretty much braces but they are clear and just fit around your teeth. Does anybody have any experience with these? I've no idea why but in the last year or so my bottem teeth have become a bit croweded and obviously I dont want any of that! They used to be perfect and now I notice the ones 3 over from the center are starting to crowd :( At nearly 21 I'm not too keen on braces either :p So just seeing if anybody has any experience/opinions on this. Thanks :)

Edit: Invisiline is what its called (around here at least)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you talking about the ones you can take out or the ones that have to be kept in? (They're actually fixed to your teeth I think)
    if you want them straightening out you need the fixed ones....the clear ones are the retainers that you wear after to keep them in the new places while the bone in your gums heals around them
    Ballerina wrote:
    if you want them straightening out you need the fixed ones....the clear ones are the retainers that you wear after to keep them in the new places while the bone in your gums heals around them

No its not, I'm thinking of something different. I rmemberd the name, its this so for whatever the name they use for thats similar down there.

And sofie, they are the removable kind. :)
    my_name wrote:
    No its not, I'm thinking of something different. I rmemberd the name, its this so for whatever the name they use for thats similar down there.

oh my mum was telling me about these the other day, i had fixed braces but my teeth next to by big ones at the front have still gone back a bit and i want them pushing forward
    its a private treatment here so its really expensive :(
    Ballerina wrote:
    oh my mum was telling me about these the other day, i had fixed braces but my teeth next to by big ones at the front have still gone back a bit and i want them pushing forward
    its a private treatment here so its really expensive :(

Did she say they are a good idea if its just like 2 teeth that need fixing? I can't find it on the site if they are any good for minor adjustments.
    my_name wrote:
    Did she say they are a good idea if its just like 2 teeth that need fixing? I can't find it on the site if they are any good for minor adjustments.
    well i want them to just push 2 teeth forward slightly, i don't see why not - these are probably actually better for minor adjustments because i had my fixed ones for a very big adjustment, they work well but they're painful when you have them tightened and for a few days after
    my_name wrote:

I know someone who had them. They affected his speech, so he had to take them out whenever he spoke.
    Be careful with bright coloured lipstick as they can go funny on clear brace thingys
    are you talking about retainers..? because retainers will only help keep your teeth in place after you have had braces on.
    if your teeth have shifted it's probably due to wisdom teeth coming in and you might have to have those removed if you've not already

Those ones you change every two weeks are more expensive then normal braces and take longer to work, bt of course you can take them out during times when you don't want anyone to know you've got braces.

But even Tom Cruise who could afford any treatment on earth opted for normal braces.

http://www.suprmchaos.com/tom-cruise_braces_062602.jpg
    if your teeth have shifted it's probably due to wisdom teeth coming in and you might have to have those removed if you've not already

big :crying: at wisdom teeth Trust I've had them out, still getting food stuck in the damn holes. But they were shifted before the teeth came in. Thanks for the help everybody :) I'm off to the dentist monday so I'll be asking. Thanks again.