Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Spurs Fans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Apparently if you finish 4th and Arsenal win the champions league Arsenal go into the competition next year. This isnt fair, infact who does Wenger think should go into the competition.

Sore Loser
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had a debate with a few people about this. Personally, I think there should be a game between the 2 clubs (if Spurs finish 4th and Arsenal win the CL) to see who goes into the CL next season. Personally, I think it's unfair that Spurs would've tried getting 4th for most of the season for nothing basically. OTOH, Arsenal should be able to defend their win.
    Ha. Don't care. If that happens - Spurs are fourth and Arsenal win the Champions League - then that will be the happiest moment of my life!! :D
    Why isn't it fair?

They are the rules of the competition- if the winner doesn't qualify, then the lowest-placed team gets demoted.

And as for the digs at Wenger, he was saying the rules should be upheld. That's what will happen now should Arsenal win Big Cup.

Typical Spurs fans bleating for nothing. Fingers crossed they lose this weekend.

Or even better, that Arsenal win Big Cup. That'd be even funnier.
    I do love the irony. And I've gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Tottenham anyway. Let's face it, they're just Chelsea on a smaller scale. Buying up all the young English players, even though they've already got about 12 players in the same position. Personally, I think that the Champions should never take one of their country's qualifying spots, so that whichever country wins it gets an extra Champions League place.
    The difference AFAIK is that at the beginning of this season the rules were set clearly, as opposed to last year when it was all muddier. All clubs started the season with the understanding that if a team won the CL but didn't finish in the first four spots, it would displace the fourth qualified team.
    Aladdin wrote:
    The difference AFAIK is that at the beginning of this season the rules were set clearly, as opposed to last year when it was all muddier. All clubs started the season with the understanding that if a team won the CL but didn't finish in the first four spots, it would displace the fourth qualified team.

Exactly and for this reason Spurs can't have any complaints although in somewhere in the deepest recesses of my gut I feel an iota of sympathy for Spurs if they don't get into the Champions League....or it's just wind.

And there is of course the very real (but unlikely) possibility that Arsenal could finish fourth on Sunday.

Spurs associates of mine who have been giving me stick all season may have set themselves up for the mother of all falls. It'll be quite enjoyable seeing them squirm between now and May 17th.
    By the way im deffo not a spurs fan just someone that dislikes Arsene Wenger
    It's irrelevant. Barca are gonna win it anyway! :D

Can't say I'm a Spurs fan but would rather them in the CL than Arsenal.
    I used to dislike Spurs but I must admit they're growing up on me.

If Arsenal don't win the CL then I'd rather Spurs get a shot at the CL next year. Which means I'd rather they finish 4th place.

Wouldn't mind if Arsenal win the CL though. Especially considering who the opposition is.
    Aladdin wrote:

That is correct. Why UEFA can't just put aside a place for the winners regardless I don't know.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

did i say hahahahahahaha :D
    Oh dear. My boyf is NOT happy.

But, it does say A LOT that Arsenal needed Tottenham to lose in order for them to get 4th place.
    godscop wrote:
    That is correct. Why UEFA can't just put aside a place for the winners regardless I don't know.

If they did that, who should miss out?
    Happy St. Totteringham's Day everyone!!! :D :thumb:
    Alight, own up. Who put the laxative in the lasgane??? :D
    The suspect was probably this unknown French chef who just happened to be in the area when the Marriot's current chef mysteriously disappeared.

thecookdidit7jr1gr7qq.jpg
    :lol:
    :thumb: :lol:
    Pmsl :d
    Spurs unveals new shirt

spursnewshirt6jw.jpg
    :D

Oh dear, oh dear. This sort of thing could only ever happen to Spurs........

I hope they never hear the end of (sh)it.