Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sheffield Hallem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is anyone studying here??? Whats it like???
Am comin nxt yr to do paramedic studies and i come once a month anyway!! Am there tomoz xxx
Has any one done paramedic studies???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    just like to point out that it's sheffield hallam.

sorry, no real point to this but think you should know how to spell somewhere if you're going there.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'm at SHU and I really like it there. Not doing anything related to paramedic stuff though.
  • Options
    I do hope that our future paramedics are able to read and write.
  • Options
    well i am sorry!! I put a lot of hard work in to wanting to save people lives and help people and now ur callin me thick because i put one letter wrong , wel i am sorry! i asked for advice and not a speling lesson!
  • Options
    Go for it holliepop :thumb:

Sheffield's a nice enough city.
  • Options
    nice enough?! Sheffield's a brilliant city with two highly respected unis! the university of sheffield for its academia and hallam for its more vocational degrees. You cant go wrong there really, dont know much about the course but know that its a city with something to cater for everyone, its big - but not overwhelming - and has good shopping and nightlife and a fab music scene. and i havent even started on the restaurants!!

(can you tell i'm from there originally?!)

enjoy it girl!
  • Options
    lizzie_amy wrote:
    nice enough?!
    Yeah, it's OK. Not where I'd want to live but for 3 years it's fine.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Yeah, it's OK. Not where I'd want to live but for 3 years it's fine.

Oi :impissed:

Saying that, I shall be looking forward to moving away.
  • Options
    well i am sorry!! I put a lot of hard work in to wanting to save people lives and help people and now ur callin me thick because i put one letter wrong , wel i am sorry! i asked for advice and not a speling lesson!
    Dude, read what you've just posted, it's hardly one letter wrong.

Anyway, sheffield is apparently nice to live in. Though I know nothing about hallam specificically.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Anyway, sheffield is apparently nice to live in. Though I know nothing about hallam specificically.

Sheffield is fairly nice to live in IMO. It could be so much worse.

Hallam is a nice uni, ex-poly, just don't rely on the admin side of things :|
  • Options
    Sheffield is awesome, in my second year at the other uni :yeees: and loving every minute, hard work but it'll be worth it. Got three mates at Hallam and they're enjoying themselves, ok student union but it's not going to match the best in the UK is it... :D
  • Options
    Speaking as a grimbarian who moved to Sheffield and studies at Hallam, you'll love it. Everything about it is bigger, better, and more varied than Grimsby. Personally, i think my course is great, really challenging, and it lets you question the answers rather than just taking note of them. If you come here regularly anyway, you'll know how much better it is! I think what i found to the best thing about it, is how undaunting the city is, say compared to somewhere like Leeds, because it's just not as...built up, and easier to navigate..it reminds me a bit of home, but with all the good stuff made better, and the bad stuff gone :)
  • Options
    Hello, I am in my first year of paramedic studies at sheffeild hallam university. It is ok, spend loads of time at grimsby tho (As i am based at cleethorpes and Gy station). The university is good but can be disorganised like all unis are. You do loads of work out with paramedics and dont spend much time in the uni, probally 6weeks at a time. I am throughly enjoying it, feel free to email me and chat about it.

Lewis x
  • Options
    Sheffield is the greenest city in England you know ;)
  • Options
    Am i right in thinking all of that side of stuff is being moved to the collegiate crescent campus? If so you're really lucky.
  • Options
    My ex got moved from collegiate to town last year. She was pretty pissed off!
  • Options
    My ex got moved from collegiate to town last year. She was pretty pissed off!

Why?

I am based at Collegiate and as pretty as it is, it is *much* easier to get to town than up there. I would've preferred to be based in town.
  • Options
    She lives just off Ecclesall road, so she has to get the bus in now!
  • Options
    She lives just off Ecclesall road, so she has to get the bus in now!

Ah. Fair enough then :)