Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pete Doherty injects heroin into passed out woman

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you for real? First of all you said:
    "I'm taking issue with your assertion that taking elements from ska, punk and reggae makes them original and/or interesting. It doesn't."

I have never said it makes them interesting or original. I have said its unfair to call them derivative. Oh and it was someone else who called them derivative, just so you don't start another rant about how you said no such thing. You keeping up with this so far?

Secondly you said taking elements of ska, raggae etc, has been done by other bands such as the clash. I said yes but even the likes of the clash weren't completely original. You never said those bands you listed were completely original, but you implied it.

Thirdly you never said anything about him copying the clash and specials. I wrote that bit to expand on my previous point in that post.

Does this make sense to you now? Its quite tiring having to spell out every little thing you say, but I think I've dumbed down this post enough for you to understand it. Let this thread die.

yer a knob, get some friends
    subject13 wrote:
    Can this thread now die? I'm going to stop checking it and posting it since i proven my point

Good bye to this thread.

Sure ya have. :lol:

...and I know you'll check back on this thread, because you are probably that pathetic.
    Blagsta wrote:
    yer a knob, get some friends

Maybe you should take your own advice considering you've nearly 14,000 posts to your name.
    Maybe you should take your own advice considering you've nearly 14,000 posts to your name.

But has been here for just over 4 years... :rolleyes:
    Sofie wrote:

I'm aware of that
    Live Eight.

I win.
    I just came on here to see how this thread got to 4 pages. Wish I hadn't bothered!
    Sofie wrote:

nearer 5 years
    Fuck me. Are you all still whinging?! :p
    Couldn't have said it better :D
    this is why pete doherty is famous, supid people like us keep ranting on about him like hes something useful
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Goodbye thread - next time you want to have a pig tail pulling, excruciating, cringy, argument (this aint no debate) about Pete Doherty - please don't make it here. You all agreed on the fact that art is subjective, but still couldn't help regressing back to childish insults - Rolly you're right - this isn't entertainment!
This discussion has been closed.