Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thailand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm thinking of going on holiday to Thailand next year. Anyone been or can recommend some good places to go as I havent really done much research on it yet?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    www.lonelyplanet.com is quite good to look at for stuff.

I'm going travelling there this time next year for a few months.

It's cheap as chips and apparently you can get accommodation for as little as £5 per night, and that's for 5 star accommodation, too. :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya,

TheSite has an article on Thailand - and although it's ultimately aimed at people who want to go there for a Gap Year - there is some general travel advice and links which are likely to be useful for anyone going there. Hope it helps :)
  • Options
    Thank you both that's really helpful :) I should know by now that thesite has an article for everything, not sure why i didnt check there first :p
  • Options
    Thailand is fantastic, I would definately reccommend a couple of days in Bangkok before hitting the beaches. I haven't been since the tsunami, but all the Phi Phi's (the Beach fame) and Krabi areas on the west coast are so beautiful. Koh Samui is amazing for full moon parties, but in recent years has become over touristified. Phuket still has its plus points, but again is now resembling Spain a little too much. Whereever you go though, I am positive you will love it, it is one of those countries it is impossible not to fall in love with,
  • Options
    Bangkok is really great. I was there last year to the day. Had a great time.

They have some good shopping centres and markets there.

Main tourist spots in Bangkok are temples, palaces, etc.