Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Got an idea? The Big Boost can help it become a reality

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
UnLtd, The Foundation of Social Entrepreneurs, has launched a new award. Here are the details:

If you’re aged between 11-25 and have an idea that will benefit your community you could be eligible for a Big Boost award.

The Big Boost wants to hear from young people who are keen to get involved in their communities. The awards help young people in England set up and run projects that we hope will make a lasting difference to them as well as to the areas they live in. A Big Boost Award is cash plus the support to help young people make their ideas a reality.

Funded by the Big Lottery Fund, the programme awards grants of between £250 and £1000 (11-16) and £500 and £5000 (16-25) to help individuals and small groups of people aged between 11-25, deliver projects in their local areas.

It aims to reach young people from all backgrounds, to help them set up and run projects that will make a lasting difference.

The programme supports a wide range of ideas, from ideas developed at school through to larger scale, community projects (examples may range from a counselling helpline for young people, to a youth magazine, which raises awareness of racism). For more information, see www.thebigboost.org.uk, email info@thebigboost.org.uk, or call 0845 4 10 20 30

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I saw "The Big Boost" I thought this was another thread about Pimp my Snack :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Godammit! It's only for English kids...