Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Funny looking site

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
It looks like this on top (see attachment)
And it goes on for the rest of the topics listed like that
Whats up with that :\ :grump:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I made a similar thread some time ago (but didn't get any replies, IIRC). Except that in my case, once the top loads and it's like that, the rest of the page never loads. But a reload fixes it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing happened. Close the page, refresh, it was like that the whole day at work. (better now)
    And it sucked cuz I keep the screan minimized 1/4 its size so I had to scroll forever to get anywhere
    If this happens it's because the style sheet hasn't loaded properly. This is normally the result of DNS problems, especially when using the site from outside the UK. The best solution is to clear your cache and reload the site.
    Now whats a cache and how do I clear it? :p
    And thank you smart one :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    A cache is this and you should be able to clear it by hitting ctrl and refresh.
    I'm having the same problem at the minute and its taking ages to load up each page.

I've just tried doing what you just suggested but it didn't work.
    Ok, I have cleared my cache.

Why is the navigation thing still appearing and why is each page taking about an hour to load?

I'm having no problems with any other websites so it isn't my internet connection.
    I'm afraid there has to be a problem between Imperial College (who host our servers) and your ISP. Can you let me know your rough location and your Internet provider by PM and we'll see if something obvious is happening.
    Mine sometimes does that too, but as far as I know it's just when the net connection has slowed down a lot.
    I sometimes get it here but a quick refresh sorts it however if I am at college I get the problem, Although that could simply be because of the OS and brouser (Mac OS X and Safari)