Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I am going to propose to my girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am either going to pick up a ring tomorrow, or get a special one made up from a posh diamond importer I know :thumb:

But if I do decide to go ahead tomorrow, what over board romantic gesture can I do? lol

Comments

• Options
    Ooo good luck, not that you'll need it I'm sure.

Gonna be traditional and get down on one knee? :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Whoa... Great to hear.
    Sorry that I can't answer the question... Just wanted to say that. ;)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You could take her out and then drop the ring into a glass of champagne!

Corny, but OTT romantic.
  • Options
    i don't think you need to go too OTT as proposing in itself is already quite a big thing.

i say go for the traditional on your knee thing!
  • Options
    Take her somewhere nice, maybe even where you first me and get down on one knee there.
  • Options
    Just go somewhere special....and i dont mean posh, but somewhere where you went on your first date? or somewhere that reminds you of the beginning of your relationship would do it for me.. and then get down on one knee
  • Options
    I'm with Tweety, take her to the place you first met and get down on one knee*, a friend of mine did just that a couple of weeks ago. Though if the place you first met is somewhere which is likely to be very busy with lots of other people around, you will both feel slightly under pressure.

So my other suggestion would be a somewhere that is important to your relationship, for example by a small lake which is some woods you often walk in, here it is quite and peaceful and is not likely to be wintnessed by a large number of people.

Anyway good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

*if that is what you feel she would like, personally I'm not so sure if it is really necessary, I would say just make sure you are looking her in the eyes when you ask.
  • Options
    Have a nice evening in a restaurant or cook for her at home, have some champagne, take the bottle of campagne and go to bed, make sweet love to her and after when she is all happy and satisfy about the good loving, get on your knee on the side of the bed and propose... With the feelings and sensations after a good love making + the emotion of the proposal it should made a nice combo ;)
  • Options
    Awww! However you chose to do it Im sure it'll be great :)

My other half proposed to me by spelling it out with alphabet fridge magnet letters!
  • Options
    Don't do it too public just in case she says no :p

Of course i doubt she will. There was some bloke the other day who proposed to his gf on the radio. Now thats brave.
  • Options
    WOW!!!! I would say definitely the traditional getting down on one knee thing in a romantic place which means something to you both.

Hope it goes well - let us know!
  • Options
    I'm with all the go somewhere quiet and nice and get down on one knee suggestions. So sweet and lovely and awwwwwwww..........

Hope all goes well and do let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    all the best cheese.
  • Options
  • Options
    Have you asked her dad??

As everyone else has said you don't need anything too over the top just go somewhere quiet and romantic - maybe the beach - I don't know how close to the beach you live - or outside anyway if its a nice day.

The most over the top i'd go would be a champagne picnic - however i'd also only do that if you think she's definately going to say yes otherwise it could make things a bit akward....
  • Options
    Also do you know what kind of ring she wants - ie has she give you any subtle hints - you can't go far wrong with a solitaire diamond though.

But if your going to get one especially made then maybe you should propose with some kind of novelty ring and then choose one togeather.
    x
  • Options
    Aww, thats really sweet, i hope it all goes well, an i agree with everyone just somewhere nice an do it on one knee. Be sure to show us the ring when you pick it!
  • Options
    do it when jaws pops his head out of the water on the universal tour
  • Options
    Don't do what I did i.e have the ring loose in your pocket amongst a whole lot of bus tickets and keys, pick it out and drop it on the ground by mistake.

I still say bending over to pick the thing up off the ground killed the moment and thus the relationship :lol:
  • Options
    Ooooooooo, good luck :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Email.

:D
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Email.

:D

You old romantic
  • Options
    Go down to the beach with a picnic, maybe some wine. Have a walk along the beach and watch the sunset... that would be a romantic setting for a proposal :)
  • Options
    am i the only girl in the world who hates the idea of the overdone, down-on-one-knee thing? i hope when i get proposed to (if i get proposed to!) he picks a really 'me' way to do it.

i guess what i'm trying to say is just do something you know she'll love. and good luck ;)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Oh and btw CheeseOnToast your link is your signature doesn't seem to work, so just thought i let you know...
  • Options
    If it's a nice day go for a picnic in a scenic area, maybe overlooking the city...some food and wine. Then bite the bullet and ask!

It would be a laugh if he left this on and she read it :o
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Good luck mush! :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    am i the only girl in the world who hates the idea of the overdone, down-on-one-knee thing? i hope when i get proposed to (if i get proposed to!) he picks a really 'me' way to do it.

No, I'm the same! I've always said my ideal proposal would be in bed on a Sunday morning.. :blush: