Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid warnings

2»

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah I heard about that!

Funny as fuck what some people can get away with!
    Someone (in the US of course) sued a store because she tripped on a kid who was running around inside and fell. She won. The kid was her son.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone (in the US of course) sued a store because she tripped on a kid who was running around inside and fell. She won. The kid was her son.
    Yep heard that one too.

Does that mean I can sue thesite if I fail my degree because it was such a distraction? :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    my_name wrote:
    Forgive me I dont know my way around a kitchen. Is it like the circly things on top?

Edit stupid tripod

10/10.

Now go put your skillet on it and cook me some Bacon!

On second thoughts... American bacon sucks. Let me post you some good bacon.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Yep heard that one too.

Does that mean I can sue thesite if I fail my degree because it was such a distraction? :p

I think you have something there...

I might "lose my job" through being on thesite too much... then sue!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    10/10.

Now go put your skillet on it and cook me some Bacon!

On second thoughts... American bacon sucks. Let me post you some good bacon.

Bacon in the microwave! In the microwave bacon thing so you don't have to cook it in its own fatty grease and it just drips off into the grease holder. :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Bacon in the microwave!

Thats wrong.... on so many levels!!

Bacon frying in its own juice is beautiful!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Thats wrong.... on so many levels!!

Bacon frying in its own juice is beautiful!
    In the frying pan, where it's meant to be! (or under the grill of course...)
  • Options
    "10 Vodka Shots for £10"
    Vodka Revolutions encourages sensible drinking

Erm... the fuck you do! "Here, have 10 shots of vodka. But be careful now." :no:

That was at a bar in Bath on a very drunken toga-wearing pub crawl.
  • Options
    how about microwave sausages, what an invention
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    how about microwave sausages, what an invention

Microwave sausages may only be used if you are VERY short on time... apart from that... there should be some sort of law on eating penis shaped rubber!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    JamesZero wrote:
    Microwave sausages may only be used if you are VERY short on time... apart from that... there should be some sort of law on eating penis shaped rubber!
    :lol:
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed the part of the programme braniac on sky one where they did stuff that it didnt say not to do in the manual... like putting dynamite in a microwave, or nitroglycerene in a tumble drier :thumb:

oh, as for stupid warnings, my lab superviser told me not to put electrodes (200v across them) in my eyes...
  • Options
    Those warnings about peanuts and milk are there because legally, you can sue the company if you're allergic to these products and they haven't warned you. Silly I know.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Those warnings about peanuts and milk are there because legally, you can sue the company if you're allergic to these products and they haven't warned you. Silly I know.

That's pathetic. Surely you wouldn't even think about buying stuff like that if you KNOW you're allergic to them and therefore can't have them.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    That's pathetic. Surely you wouldn't even think about buying stuff like that if you KNOW you're allergic to them and therefore can't have them.

Well the thing is those days you can have stuff that taste like peanuts and milk ands not be made from peanuts and milk, artificial flavors...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

Yes, but even though it says "Semi-Skimmed MILK" on the carton, looks like milk, smells like milk, tastes like milk, it's actually flavoured white water. And don't get me started on what peanuts are really made of.

Some people are v. stupid. Lets face it, you should realise that the bag contains nuts from the name before you are close enough to look for the "may contain nuts" on a bag of peanuts. :rolleyes:

One of these days I bet I cock up and eat something containing cheese after saying all this. :rolleyes: