Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stupid warnings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What stupid warnings have you seen? Not google search stupid warnings and post and laugh, but ones you have actually seen.

To start off, I have a hair straightner that said not to use while sleeping.
And the frozen pizza I get tells you not to eat pizza frozen.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When a packet of peanuts says "may contain nuts"
    i know. may? there peanuts i fuckin hope that they do contain nuts, im gonna be majorly pissed off if all i have is a bag of dry roasted dust stuff
    melanie wrote:
    i know. may? there peanuts i fuckin hope that they do contain nuts, im gonna be majorly pissed off if all i have is a bag of dry roasted dust stuff

the dry roasted stuff is mighty tasty tho
    koe_182 wrote:
    the dry roasted stuff is mighty tasty tho
    i know but its nice with atleast a few nuts.

im a right minger tho. im always licking my finger and sticking it in the empty bag so the dust stickjs to it. Same with pickled onion discos :yum:
    in a booklet my boyfriend had for a phone it said ''do not put phone in microwave''
    melanie wrote:
    i know but its nice with atleast a few nuts.

im a right minger tho. im always licking my finger and sticking it in the empty bag so the dust stickjs to it. Same with pickled onion discos :yum:

im the same. haha

its quality. almost as good as getting a solid chocolate kit kat finger
    Coffee cups that say "caution : hot"
    I've seen milk saying "Caution this product contains milk"
    'it is an offence to throw stones at this sign'.
    An advert on the telly for some garden sprinkler with the warning "USE WATER SENSIBLY"
    'it is an offence to throw stones at this sign'.
    a bit like this one ...stones2gw.gif
    I've got a pair of jeans that say "Remove jeans before washing". Peanut butter also informs you that it contains nuts.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've seen a hair drier with a "Do not use in the shower' label on the cord.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My mum bought a bagel that said "Keep refrigerated" on one side and "Do not refrigerate" on the other for her lunch at work the next day.

We bunged it in the fridge anyway. Meh.

And of course... "Do not drink before using heavy machinery" on beer is always fun!
    On Marks & Spencer bread pudding: Product will be hot after heating.
    Thing is... all these warning are stupid...

But some of the companies are forced to do it... you will always get the one idiot who eats a pack of penuts and then trys to sue KP because he is alergic to penuts!
    It does make me laugh that we live in a world like this now days... like people trying to sue McDonalds, saying that its there fault they are fat! Why dont you just stop eating McDonalds you twat!! You know its bad for you!
    JamesZero wrote:

But some of the companies are forced to do it... you will always get the one idiot who eats a pack of penuts and then trys to sue KP because he is alergic to penuts!
    It does make me laugh that we live in a world like this now days... like people trying to sue McDonalds, saying that its there fault they are fat! Why dont you just stop eating McDonalds you twat!! You know its bad for you!

Because people these days want it all.
    Plus it's a chance for a quick buck, no?

TBH. If you are that stupid you don't gather these things you should be allowed to cock up. So other idiots learn from your stupidity.

Peanuts. WARNING: Might contain Peanuts.

If you are too stupid to realise that, or that Ciggies will kill you, or that jumping into a Volcano MIGHT not be a good idea, fuck you.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    "Smokers Die Younger - Don't Start"

...on a packet of fags you've just bought.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    "Smokers Die Younger - Don't Start"

...on a packet of fags you've just bought.

haha, thats exactly what it says on the pack of fags in front of me! There are some other funny ones, but I cant remeber them off hand.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

And of course... "Do not drink before using heavy machinery" on beer is always fun!

I saw that one on childrens under 12 medicine too.
    I always like the "please enjoy responsibly" on booze. Bugger that, if I want to binge drink and destroy my liver I will!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've seen this on the box of a bar of soap: "Use it like any soap". :confused: (Someone commented on this with "Okay, I won't plant it in the garden.")

Not the same kind of warning, but I've seen a sign on a square (far from where I live) that says "Do not throw sea on the square."

Not the same kind of warning, but I've seen a sign on a square (far from where I live) that says "Do not throw sea on the square."

:lol: how random :x
    Some kitchen cleaner my mom bought which had a picture of an cooker hob on the front and on the label on the back it said "not suitable for cooker hobs"
    Whats a cooker hob?
    JamesZero wrote:

Could have sworn I heard about a thing with McD's ages ago where because they didn't have 'caution: hot' on their coffee cups, they sued them when they spilt hot coffee down themselves. That's right, of course you were unaware that coffee usually comes in a hot form.
    Rich-E wrote:
    Could have sworn I heard about a thing with McD's ages ago where because they didn't have 'caution: hot' on their coffee cups, they sued them when they spilt hot coffee down themselves. That's right, of course you were unaware that coffee usually comes in a hot form.

I remember hearing about this one a few years back...
    if you think hot coffee is a good lawsuit my favorite part being why her husband is also suing :p
    my_name wrote:
    Whats a cooker hob?

*Cries* I dread to think what you CRAAAZY Americans call it.

Think of the Cooker. That flat bit with rings on and shit you put your Skillets and Saucepans on.

Skillets. Fucking odd people.
    Forgive me I dont know my way around a kitchen. Is it like the circly things on top?

Edit stupid tripod
    Rich-E wrote:

Yeah I heard about that!

Funny as fuck what some people can get away with!