Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New hair style ideas?

I'm bored of my hair at the moment. I want something new to make it a bit nicer. Its a mess at the minute. I've posted a picture of my current hair style although its grown out a bit since that picture was taken. You can't see the colour very well but my hair is brown with caramal highlights.

I'm thinking of having some new highlights done but I'm not sure if I should go a bit lighter. Any ideas?

Also any ideas on a new hair style?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nobody got any ideas? :(
    Yeah, I was thinking of a thicker side one because this one isn't that noticable now to be honest.

I don't want a proper fringe again, they annoy me.
    Violette wrote:
    what about a proper fringe? or a thicker side one? i think dont go lighter, but just get some more highlights, maybe a few lighter blonde ones to break it up. i defo think some kind of fringe though.

Sounds good :thumb: But i think your hair looks quite nice in that picture anyway but still ;p
    i think your hair would look nice really dark chocolaty brown!
    isn't it already?

i don't think you need to go any lighter with the highlights, but agree that a thicker (and more of a) fringe would look good. maybe move your parting to one side.
    thats what i mean atm it looks quite dark and its really nice but she says she has highlights in but you cant really tell from the pic! so i was saying i think it would look nice just all dark brown
    This picture shows my highlights a bit better although they have grown out now to be honest. I had those highlights done in very early december.

I already have a side parting but I'm thinking of having a thicker side fringe being cut in.

I want something to be done with the rest, I just don't know what.

And no, my hair is not chocolate brown, I'd say just ordinary brown to be honest, lol.

I was thinking of having a few blonde highlights put in but I don't know if that would make me look like a mong. Last time I had highlights I had mainly caramal highlights in with a few odd strands of blond.

Its the style I can't decide on.
    A rich chocolate brown would look great on you.
    I would say keep the highlights as they look good in your hair and maybe get layers cut in, as you can keep your current hair length.
    i don't think blonde blonde would suit you, don't know why! have a look through some hairstyle magazines etc. :)
    I would say keep the highlights as they look good in your hair and maybe get layers cut in, as you can keep your current hair length.
    I was thinking layers would look good :yes:
    I've booked an appointment for Thurs 18th May after my last exam :D

I just need to decide what I'm having done now tbh.
    i'm getting mine chopped this saturday. i found some good ideas in a hair magazine! i just got the cheapest one, was £1.95.
    Why ask a bunch of complete strangers what hairstyle you should have, when you can buy a hair mag for a couple of quid and talk to your stylist for free???

Ilora x
    Some may not know what looks good on them?
    Some may like the opinions of others rather than having a guess?
    Some may not like the not so easy ideas hair styles magaizines give you?
    Some may not feel like going out and purchasing a magazine when they could just as easily ask?
    my_name wrote:
    Some may not know what looks good on them?
    Some may like the opinions of others rather than having a guess?
    Some may not like the not so easy ideas hair styles magaizines give you?
    Some may not feel like going out and purchasing a magazine when they could just as easily ask?

Exactley.

Since when was getting other peoples opinons a bad thing.
    Why ask a bunch of complete strangers what hairstyle you should have, when you can buy a hair mag for a couple of quid and talk to your stylist for free???

Ilora x
    Are you always complaining?

To be honest, I would much rather have more than one opinion.

I don't trust hair dressers, from experience, they never know what they are talking about.

I don't see the problem to be honest. Alot of the people on this site aren't actually strangers to me.
    when i had my hair cut, i had found pictures just in normal magazines, i picked a few out with texture i like, a legnth i like, colours etc and my hairdresser kind of worked with all of them and i love what ive ended up with

i think its easier to find a picture in normal magazines or catalogues, because in those hair magazines, they are often hideous and nobody sane would get them.
    Thats what I do, if I see a picture in a mag or paper I keep it, also pictures of the web, as Blah says the styles in the hair mags are often for use on catwalks etc so are quite extreme.
    Yep layers again
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Are you always complaining?

Not just me who spotted that then...
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I don't trust hair dressers, from experience, they never know what they are talking about.

i'm a bit wary about getting my hair cut on saturday 'cause last time i went (it was to somewhere else), she fucked up my fringe!

you should trust hairdressers though, they'll do what suits you and they're generally good at knowing what will suit someone!
    I've bought a hair mag and seen a few things I like.

I've seen purple and blonde highlights together which look cool as well as red&blond and red and purple.

Do you think either of these combinations would look good on me? If so which one?
    Red and blonde if you want to go for a mix, I'm not sure purple will go with your skin tone.
    Yeah. I'm thinking that too. The girls its modelled on in the mags have really light skin.

Will red and blone tones go together though? Do you think they would suit me?
    Caramel undertones!!

I have no idea what I'm talking about but it sounds nice doesnt it
    I've already got caramal highlights although they are not that noticable from the pic I posted.

Arn't undertones supposed to be darker than the colour on the top? :confused:
    i'm not a fan of red and blonde on dark hair. or of very blonde highlights on dark hair. it's a bit skunk-like.

then again, the only people i've really seen going for that look also have massive gold hoop earrings and a variety of lovely sportswear, so i might change my mind if i saw it on someone a bit less 'bovvered?'.
    Gahhhh would it look chavvish? I don't wanna look like a chav :lol:

I've had caramal highlights before and I was told that they looked really really good.

What colours would you reccommend then Kaff?
    the nicest colours i've seen lately just have highlights a couple of shades lighter than
    the natural colour and lowlights a shade or two darker. subtle, like.

i'm all for garish colours, but only as full head dye jobs, or a big, chunky slice or two.