Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weirdos on myspace

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you stop weirdos sending you messages on myspace? It's disturbing getting a message from someone saying they want 'cam2cam sex' and belongs to a group called 'girls who want facials by 30+ yr old male' and who claims to live in your village.

Comments

• Options
    :lol:

don't you have to be on someones freinds list to recieve messages? or at least, there's probably an option to this effect. In that case, just delete them from your freinds list :)
  • Options
    I have not found a way of doing it yet. 'u like cock?' gets boring after a while. I normally just block the people individually after they mail me.
  • Options
    He's not on my friends list, he just sent me a message. I'm quite scared, and also quite glad that I'm not at home right now!

This is the weirdo and he wrote
    "Deliciously naughtily sinfully sexy looking!
    and in woodford too!!! pity you're not into older guys! :-( "

How he got that from the picture of me in a hat with Thesite logo on it I don't know. Makes me worry that he knows me :-/
  • Options
    Somebody said something to me about this myspace and I'm fannying about with it now, bloody confusing so it is.

Sadly, I've not discovered this cam sex thing yet.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    uf009066.gif
    uf009067.gif
    uf009068.gif
  • Options
    Myspace. Dear God. One of my dirty secrets is that I have, on occasion, been sucked into that murky quagmire.

There's been a couple of times when I've clicked on the 'cool new people' thing that pops up and had a shuffty around their profiles. Nine times out of ten, if the profile is of a young woman, there will be a guy who looks like Bubbles telling them that they look 'hot'.

Because I'm an utter deviant, I then look at the weirdo guy profiles. And without fail, one of their friends will be an american girl, wearing a trucker cap, pouting with her tits hanging out. And, again without fail, there will be a comment in weird gangsta speak telling her that she's 'fine'. Apparently that means attractive instead of just adequate. Annnnd, I'd put good money on the 'fine' comment coming from a guy showing off their six pack in the profile photo.

Myspace. A living argument to the sterilisation of the masses.

I've given this waaaaaay too much thought.
  • Options
    I can't even work it properly, it has 2 pictures, one of my hair in a pony tail and that one of me in my homemade thesite hat! I can't figure out how to post comments, write in my blog or anything! I think I'll stick with my Lj and my canoeing website, far easier!
  • Options
    I can't even work it properly, it has 2 pictures, one of my hair in a pony tail and that one of me in my homemade thesite hat! I can't figure out how to post comments, write in my blog or anything! I think I'll stick with my Lj and my canoeing website, far easier!
    Aye, I joined for a mate but I cba to work out how to use it right!
  • Options
    I'm more boring than Tom!
  • Options
    How do you stop weirdos sending you messages on myspace?

Get yourself a bodyguard. Or pretend that you're a man, they don't seem to bother with us much. :)
  • Options
    I thought you liked my myspace messages :p
  • Options
    Thanks for being my bodyguard click, I'd reply to your message but it won't let me because I am not my friend or something.

Rachel you are a comment virginity stealer! :p
  • Options
    Yeah, that bit threw me too. Kinda crap that you can't respond to comments... what most people tend to do is post a comment on the other persons page. Which makes it messy and hard to understand.

It's all worth it though, because we get to see your lovely face with a funky hat ;).
  • Options
    I love MySpace, it's funny as hell. I see way too many people in Glasvegas on MySpace.

Plus, I've managed to wangle free tickets to some gigs from someone I used to work with and stuff.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Somebody said something to me about this myspace and I'm fannying about with it now, bloody confusing so it is.

Sadly, I've not discovered this cam sex thing yet.

I put a request into add you, boyo :D

See your flat's broadbanding you up big style, eh?