Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting Back Into the Dating Game

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Everyone,

Its alongtime since I've been on this board but could really do with a few thoughts from you guys....

OK, so its been about 6 months since my ex and me split up, and I really feel in control and sorted and ready to have a bit of fun again with blokes. I was messed up a while back, had my heart completely smashed into bits and took it very badly!! Its hard for me to even remember the person I turned into after our break up, just like it was impossible for me to see then that I'd come out the other side of it the same old fun loving happy Kate.

But now my problem is i feel truly ready to go out and have some fun, go on dates, get some male attention and all the rest of it. But I still keep getting that niggling doubt in the back of my mind any new relationship that might start will end up like my last one, does that mean Im not ready to get back out there, or will I always have those doubts til I meet someone that proves them to be silly??

Any opinions would be great,

Cheers,

Kate x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You cannot let your past relationship ruin any future ones. I've learnt this.

I split up with an ex of 3 years late last year. Since then, I've had lots of fun. Yeah, I've had fun with a few guys but I've also been in a new relationship and come out of it in one piece. It didn't last long (due to the distance and the fact we are both going to be very busy in the next few months so won't have time for each other) but whilst it did last, it was good. It ended nothing like the last one. We are now actually very good friends. The last one was nasty and just messy. We are no longer friends.

Just because your last relationship ended messy, that doesn't mean any future relationship will end up like that. All my past relationships have ended quite badly but surprisingly my last one didn't. You also shouldn't assume that any future relationship will end because you never know, you could meet the man of your dreams tomorrow :)

I took breaking up with my ex of 3 years quite badly. I'm happy again though.

You are young, free and single. You should go out there and have fun. Don't let your past relationship bring you down. Believe me, its the worst mistake you can make, talking from experience and all that.