Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

NHS Professionals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone work for the above organisation? What do you do? What are your hours like? What is the pay like? How do you find out/select jobs? How long do they last?

Would be interested to know any info at all please!!!

:cool:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

Hours: long
    Pay: poor
    Im a paediatric nurse. Hours are standard full time hours, and pay is dependant on how experienced you are. I think starting wage for newly qualified nurses is now around £18,600. I did my training at the local uni here and applied for a job at the hospital when i had was coming to the end of my degree :yes:
    I'm a trainee biomedical scientist - poorly paid. Hours in my department (histopathology) are standard at 08.45-17.00 but there's a degree of flexiblity in starting early.

Pathology disciplines vary in their opening hours from: 24/7 in haematology/chemistry... on-call staff obviously receive shift bonuses, whereas histopath & microbiology are generally not open-all-hours, and don't enjoy shifts!

Unfortunately, career progression in this profession allied to medicine is a bit poor at the minute and we may get stitched in A4C too.

There are a variety of non-scientific admin jobs in pathology too which are actually quite interesting - writing up diagnostic reports, post-mortem reports, secretarial and PA work etc.

Kentish, you're a medical student are you not? Our new Consultant Histopathologist is aged 32 - £80,000. Hardly poorly paid.
    I jest of course.
    i thought they meant NHS professionals as in the bank nurses specifically, as opposed to professional people who work for the NHS
    Yeah, it's the internal NHS agency for nursing staff primarily.
    don't do it...!! :no:
    i thought they meant NHS professionals as in the bank nurses specifically, as opposed to professional people who work for the NHS

Oh ok. :o
    Hey, I've just got a job with the NHS Professionals and yep it is just for bank work. The pay is pretty good, if you work day or evenings shift then you get about £6.90 an hour, if you do a night shift then i think it's £10 an hour and if you work sundays and bank holidays then its £11 an hour.
    Hey, I've just got a job with the NHS Professionals and yep it is just for bank work. The pay is pretty good, if you work day or evenings shift then you get about £6.90 an hour, if you do a night shift then i think it's £10 an hour and if you work sundays and bank holidays then its £11 an hour.

doesn't seem very good pay to me.

what does the work entail?

that seems pretty low
    doesn't seem very good pay to me.

what does the work entail?

Lol i suppose it's not that great but when your a poor nursing student it's better than nothing!
    Well i'll be just doing the job as a Health Care Assisstant. So basically all i do is help the patients with tasks such as washing, dressing, feeding, going to the toilet etc. Also you help staff nurses and basically run around to x-ray, the lab and other wards when your needed to.
    Lol i suppose it's not that great but when your a poor nursing student it's better than nothing!
    Well i'll be just doing the job as a Health Care Assisstant. So basically all i do is help the patients with tasks such as washing, dressing, feeding, going to the toilet etc. Also you help staff nurses and basically run around to x-ray, the lab and other wards when your needed to.

ahh yes, my sister used to do it when she was a student. she's not even a nurse now though anymore!

my mum has worked for the nhs allll of my life. she's a grade G or something now. they pay the bills i guess!