Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Possible chlamydia: please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, sorry if this is kinda gross but anyways...recently when i went to see my gynecologist, as i'd been having severe pain whilst passing urine for almost a year now, and she now thinks i have chlamydia! my boyfriend and I have only ever had sex with each other, so i wondered if anyone knew why i would get this? we normally use condoms, but occasionally don't as im on a contraceptive injection. Also, does anyone know of anything else which may cause chlamydia?

Thanks, Hannah

Comments

• Options
    if you think that you have chlamidia you really need to get it sorted asap as left untreated it can cause problems.

The only way that you can get chlamidia is through having sex as far as im aware. Go and get tested atleast that way you will know whether it is or not, even if it isnt its not pointless, better to be safe than sorry atleast you will have ruled it out.

if it is positive i think you might need to have a lil word withyour chappy
  • Options
    Sorry far the bad news, but if you have it, and you havn't slept with anyone else, you bf prob has.

Still. Most important thing is to get it sorted. Q.easy, but v.important.
  • Options
    If you have it, get it checked out immediatly. My girlfriends friend has it, it can do some pretty grusome things.
    Time to have a serious talk with your boyfriend, he needs to be honest here.
    Could it be an infection? My girlfriend just got one of those and she says it hurts when she pees... I have no idea though..
  • Options
    yeah, at first we thought i had urine infections but they've been going on for a year now, so my doctor wants to test for chlamydia. she said something about if it was chlamydia i'd need to treat it fast because it can lead to infertility and now shes got me really worried, it will be a month before my results come back
  • Options
    Poor you, I hope everything turns out alright for you. I suprised its going to take a month to get the test results back though.
  • Options
    yeah i live on an island, which means they have to be sent to the mainland, which is pretty crap because i'd rather not wait any longer.
  • Options
    why have you left it for a year before getting checked? how long have you been with him? as far as i know you only get it through sex....so it looks like your bf isnt being totally honest here....have words
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    it looks like your bf isnt being totally honest here....have words

DON'T say anything until you have your results back. Well, I wouldn't anyway.
  • Options
    DON'T say anything until you have your results back. Well, I wouldn't anyway.

i agree, if it turns out its not chlamydia you'll look like a right plank, and probably ruin your relationship, so wait till the test and then kick him in the jeb end
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i agree, if it turns out its not chlamydia you'll look like a right plank, and probably ruin your relationship, so wait till the test and then kick him in the jeb end
    Yeah wait for the test results before jumping the gun, and when you get them and if their positive; tell him your doctor told you that you can catch clamidia from public toilet seats (which is true, but highly unlikely). If he jumps at the chance to shift the blame that he might have caught it from a public toilet seat, you'll be pretty sure he's lying. I actually saw this same scenerio on a House episode last night.
    How long have you been together, because he might have had it before the relationship started and not known. Also your doc should have given you broad spectrum antibiotics without knowing the results anyway.
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    tell him your doctor told you that you can catch clamidia from public toilet seats (which is true, but highly unlikely).

thats not true im afraid, this is a site here
    and it states the needed information about chlamydia, there is no where that states you can catch it from a toilet seat. It can only be caught though sex.
  • Options
    It can be caught from toilet seats, but the chances are extremely low.
  • Options
    If it comes back positive, just have a frank talk to him. Maybe he had sex with someone else before he met you, and has been infected all the while. But anyway, good luck on the results.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    why have you left it for a year before getting checked? how long have you been with him? as far as i know you only get it through sex....so it looks like your bf isnt being totally honest here....have words

Bad advice. You can't diagnose someone through these boards, and it may not be chlamydia. If it isn't, she risks ruining her relationship and damaging the trust between them.
  • Options
    Iain's gf wrote:
    hey, sorry if this is kinda gross but anyways...recently when i went to see my gynecologist, as i'd been having severe pain whilst passing urine for almost a year now, and she now thinks i have chlamydia! my boyfriend and I have only ever had sex with each other, so i wondered if anyone knew why i would get this? we normally use condoms, but occasionally don't as im on a contraceptive injection. Also, does anyone know of anything else which may cause chlamydia?

Thanks, Hannah

Hello Hannah. Don't panic, relax and waiting until you get the results. I recently had a unine test for chlamydia/gonorrea (as I'd had unprotected sex with someone)...which was thankfully negative. IF your test is positive for chlamydia then you (and your boyfriend) will need treatment. The treatment is a small course of antibiotics (just 4 tablets).
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Bad advice. You can't diagnose someone through these boards, and it may not be chlamydia. If it isn't, she risks ruining her relationship and damaging the trust between them.
    i'm giving advice for IF it is positive
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

'Have words'. There was no 'IF it is positive' on the end.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    'Have words'. There was no 'IF it is positive' on the end.
    well i've mentioned it now