Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pro-Taliban rally in Blackburn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Should free speech be curtailed while in a state of war? This group says that Blair will pay with his blood. What do you think of these people and their continued freedom of expression. Another point is this, How do you feel about being labelled as part of a Judeo-Christian group? Id say that less than 15% of the UK population are religious in any active way. I find it offensive that we are all seen as Christians or Jews.

Muslim youths in Blackburn hold pro-Bin Laden march

Police bar banners calling Blair a child murderer

David Ward
Monday November 12, 2001
The Guardian

More than 150 young Muslims marched through Blackburn, Lancashire, at
the weekend in support of Osama bin Laden and the Taliban.
Chanting "Tony Blair, you will pay with your blood", they marched to
the centre of the town, the constituency of the foreign secretary,
Jack Straw, for a noisy but trouble-free rally at the town hall. A
succession of young men denounced "a Judaeo-Christian war against
Islam and the Muslim world".

"Is it Bin Laden who is the terrorist or the United States which gives
millions in arms to Israel every year?" asked one speaker.

"Tony Blair, you will pay for the crimes you have done to Muslims
around the world," another said.

A leaflet handed to shoppers condemned "CIA-backed thugs like Assad,
Saddam and Mubarak" and rejected western concepts of democracy. "In
Islam, man does not have the right to make his own law, hence
democracy is in direct conflict with Islam... The west does not have a
system of freedom - it has a system of control."

The start of the march was delayed by more than an hour after senior
police officers said they had authorised an anti-war march rather than
a pro-Taliban demonstration.

They said marchers could not carry banners reading "Tony Blair murders
Muslim children" and "Wanted: George Bush for the murder of Muslims".
Nor would they allow them to carry portraits of Bin Laden above the
slogan "Taliban: the lions of Allah".

Tasaddiq Rehman, of the Global Truth organisation, which promoted the
march, said: "The letter I gave to the police said we were protesting
for the Taliban and Osama bin Laden and against the Judaeo-Christian
war against the Taliban. The Lancashire council of mosques is
controlled by the police."

While discussions continued with officers, one speaker asked: "Why
should I have to mourn for Americans who are going round killing
Muslims all over the world?"

Another told the crowd: "We are not British. We are Muslims living in
Britain. If you are British, you owe allegiance to the Queen and you
support Tony Blair and the bombing of Afghanistan."

Another said: "Let anyone who attacks a Muslim be known as an enemy of
Islam, and enemy of Allah

Comments

• Options
    If these scum actually lived under the Taliban rule they probably wouldn't be voicing their opinions so loud. Chances are they would be unemployed, arrested by the MVV for some petty offence, or kidnapped at night and forced to fight for them.
    They would enjoy NONE of the freedoms they have here, but for speaking against us, I think they DONT deserve any of the freedoms we offer them. What they do deserve is to be flown out to the battlefields, and cities of Afghanistan so they can see their precious Taliban in action against the fearsome civilian women of Kabul, or the terrorfying girls of Kandahar who dare to learn Arabic after the age of 12.
    After they have been on a delightful tour of the famous Kabul ruins, they should be sent to the battlefield to see the forces in action, and marvel at the speed of the pickup trucks as they flee for their lives.

They should be shown the awesome flight of a flock of B-52's as they fly over head, and they should come up close to the bullet of an SAS commando.

These people said themselves, they are not British, I think that gives us every justification to deport them.
  • Options
    Fine by me, deport the one who have decieded they are not British(although they will of course be cashing their giro's as normal) but not all muslims are like these scum, they are a minority.

peacechild
  • Options
    i would round them up, stick them on a plane, inform them they are heading for there homelands, and as we crossed the afghan border, i would politely inform them its time to jump. who the hell do the think they are ? and as for tarnishing the british muslim community as a whole, well perhaps that would be harsh, but i'm very sceptical as to where there loyalties lie, these so called demonstartors were youths after all, so where have they got these opinions from ? i beleieve these sentiments are echoed throughout the muslim world, but some have more sense than to go on rallies. Its about time blair and co got tough on these idiots, alot of this countrys finest moments have come about from our solidarity, never before have we been so divided over absolutley everything, all this pc nonsense is self destructive- it is truely a woman's world in which we live

If you don't plan it, nothing can go wrong
  • Options
    I hate humanity...
  • Options
    I wonder if they know that all the bullets provided by the US are greesed with pig fat?

The famous 'daisy cutter' aka/blu-82 uses a mixture of diesel fuel, hog fat & aluminum powder with an exotic bursting fire train...! Any talaban killed by this device can't go to paradise...they have been touched by pork!

Kind of mean...but we have to get their attention...we are runing things and we tolerate them and their ways because we are really stupid...powerful, but stupid!

Diesel

• Options
    This sort of attitude really pisses me off. If the West are that terrible then why on earth are they living in this country? To say that they are not British really begs the question of why are they not back in Afghanistand fighting for the Taliban?

I saw a chat show recently were Afgahn women were speaking out against the West, saying how we were anti Islam etc. Yet these same women do not appreciate they are not allowed to have any type of say back in their homeland!

It's people like this who deserve deporting!
  • Options
    I agree whole heartedly. it's a pity government officials aren't reading this so they can find out what people really think. We don't want these traitors living here, spreading their shit. If they hate Britain so much then they can bugger off.