Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I wish people would learn how to use paypal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've paid for some goods through paypal, but the seller is apparently 'unregistered' on paypal. What rubbish! Now they've asked for a personal cheque - I never really buy anything unless I can use paypal because of the protection, so have asked them to attempt to fix their paypal.

Really though, I've had paypal problems before. Not trying to be harsh on people, but its a bit mean if I buy something off them, send payment, then they say 'oh sorry, I think I messed up paypal, fancy sending us a cheque?'. In all honesty, I could just cancel the payment, get my money back, and buy a different one.

:no: not happy

Comments

• Options
    :lol: this is what me and my mum did! we thought we'd registered but when the buyer went to pay we realised we hadn't gone through the whole process. so he had to send a cheque. i blame ebay and paypal for not explaining things properly :p
  • Options
    Its ok, I sent her an e-mail telling her how to set up her paypal. I'm so nice :)
  • Options
    PalPay sucks really, use NoChex, it's so much better and has charge back protection as well.
  • Options
    NoChex? Aint really looked into it. What's so bad about paypal? Does exactly what it says on the tin, really..
  • Options
    yea it does suck...fees too high, but it is so quick and easy. hate cheques.
  • Options
    havn't paypal been accused of randomly freezing peoples accounts, and having some clause in their small print that says they can do what they like with your money when it's in the account?
  • Options
    surly thats stealling, theycharge enough anyway i sold something for 14.00 and only ended up with 9.00
  • Options
    Paypal don't freeze your account unless your doing things with it you shouldn't. Gambling, embezellement that sort of thing.
  • Options
    Paypal really sucks and i am sorry to hear that. Wanna know more news about that : http://www.aboutpaypal.org