Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Appealing against termination

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever wrote one of these letters? Would anyone be willing to read mine and tell me what u think?
further more, has anyone's appeal lette been refused do you have had to take legal action? I will receive legal aid if it gets that far, so would I be able to choose my solicitiors?
cheers

Comments

• Options
    i think that there is usally one or two companys in the area that provide legal aid.

my friend's landlord tried to evict her without notice so he tried to claim legal aid but couldnt ction against another individual but couldnt as the other party had applied to the only local company and they cannot represent both partys

I know that didnt really answer your question but i think if you apply for legal aid then you get lumped with whoever will take you
  • Options
    Termination of what?

If its housing talk to Shelter, if its employment talk to your trade union or ACAS.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Termination of what?

If its housing talk to Shelter, if its employment talk to your trade union or ACAS.
    Sorry, it's employment. Someone else advised me to go to ACAS as well. Gona check those bad boys out today.

Cheers peeps. I'll be back.
  • Options
    My trade union helped me to appeal. Im pretty sure i just spoke to my store union rep who contacted a member of the union. My store union rep and myself had a meeting with the union rep and went through it all. My employers(ex!!) just sent me letters to confirm the date and time of the hearings. My 2 reps were with me throughtout the hearings.

If you search a few pages you'll find a thread similar to this. I think it was Tweety(??) that made it.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    My trade union helped me to appeal. Im pretty sure i just spoke to my store union rep who contacted a member of the union. My store union rep and myself had a meeting with the union rep and went through it all. My employers(ex!!) just sent me letters to confirm the date and time of the hearings. My 2 reps were with me throughtout the hearings.

If you search a few pages you'll find a thread similar to this. I think it was Tweety(??) that made it.
    What was the result?
  • Options
    of mine???

I lost. My union rep advised me to take it to an employment tribunal and arranged a meeting with their solicitors but unfortunately they didnt think the case was stong enough.

Basically, providing the company follows procedures then you cant to anything.

For example, your employer gives you a written warning for taking longer breaks than you should. So long as they do their disaplinary procedure correctly, then their backs are covered. Whether you actually did take longer breaks doesnt come into it.