Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Credit Card companies at it again.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I saw a post on here about bank charges etc a while back. Well…

Today I saw my credit card company had charged me £25 for late payment. Now, I have a friend who knows this guy whose dog walker works for my bank. He made some checks, and he told me they received my payment the day before the due date. I paid a bit late in the day, 2 days before via internet banking. But the point here is, the credit card people have lied in order to take money from me. Any person without a contact at the bank would never know!!!

I’m sick of these companies taking the Michael all the time. Problem is, I don’t know how to approach them because they will want to know how I had access to their account! What to do???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MattMatt wrote:
    I saw a post on here about bank charges etc a while back. Well…

Today I saw my credit card company had charged me £25 for late payment. Now, I have a friend who knows this guy whose dog walker works for my bank. He made some checks, and he told me they received my payment the day before the due date. I paid a bit late in the day, 2 days before via internet banking. But the point here is, the credit card people have lied in order to take money from me. Any person without a contact at the bank would never know!!!

I’m sick of these companies taking the Michael all the time. Problem is, I don’t know how to approach them because they will want to know how I had access to their account! What to do???

yes but payments take longer than 2 days to clear sometimes through internet banking
    :yes to MrG. Check and see what it says for when they accept the payment. Whether they wait the few days or if they accept it right away.

Also, did you keep the confirmation number/page/whatnot from when you submitted the payment? That right there is all that you need to prove to the credit card company.
    And if you don't kick up a fuss they won't refund it.

They haven't lied, you are supposed to allow three clear working days, but if you huff at them they normally let you off.
    If you really want a giggle, ask them how they got the "money" they "lent" to you.
    MrG wrote:
    yes but payments take longer than 2 days to clear sometimes through internet banking

Indeed. It's about 4 days I think. And to the OP - next time, sort the transfer out about a week or so before it's due to be paid in so that this doesn't happen again...