Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Home Based Typist/Data Entry Clerks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking to get some work because I'll soon be off uni for the summer. Saw this advertised and just wondering what a job like this is likely to entail, anyone done anything similar?

Here's the job description:

Home Based Typist/Data Entry Clerks Positions Available
We have several openings available in this area earning £300.00-£500.00 per week. We are seeking only honest, self-motivated people with a desire to work in the home typing and data entry field, from the comfort of their own homes. The preferred applicants should be at least 18 years old with Internet access. No experience is needed. However the following skills are desirable: Basic computer and typing skills, ability to spell and print neatly, ability to follow directions.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how did you come across this advert?......I saw a few like those in my time at uni but when i actually looked into it they always asked for money first, seemed a bit suspect to me......if it's free to find out you've got nothing to lose......
    Yea, see I thought it was dodgy which is kind of why I posted. I emailed them to see what they have to say, but I presume they'll probably come looking for some start up payment or something, so they can go fuck themselves if they do.
    Some at home working things like this are what they appear, many are gross over-statements of what you could earn. I'm guessing that £300-500 figure is based on you working a 40 hour week with a typing speed of over 60wpm.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Some at home working things like this are what they appear, many are gross over-statements of what you could earn. I'm guessing that £300-500 figure is based on you working a 40 hour week with a typing speed of over 60wpm.

Have to agree. But even a part-time gig in the evening could rake in £100.

It'll more than likely be proof reading and the like. Send us a link if you get more details as wouldn't mind a looksee myself.
    Addict wrote:
    I'm looking to get some work because I'll soon be off uni for the summer. Saw this advertised and just wondering what a job like this is likely to entail, anyone done anything similar?

Here's the job description:

Home Based Typist/Data Entry Clerks Positions Available
    We have several openings available in this area earning £300.00-£500.00 per week. We are seeking only honest, self-motivated people with a desire to work in the home typing and data entry field, from the comfort of their own homes. The preferred applicants should be at least 18 years old with Internet access. No experience is needed. However the following skills are desirable: Basic computer and typing skills, ability to spell and print neatly, ability to follow directions.

I am betting they will ask you for £34.95 before they can reveal more details.
    They want £9.99 so they can fuck off.
    lol quelle surprise.