Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Toothache, sinusits I am dying please help....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm taking codeine, paracetmol and ibuprofen all on the advice of my pharmacist and yet I'm still in excruciating amounts of pain.

It all started on Sunday when I got a sort of tooth ache, my wisdom teeth are coming through at the moment and the bottom left hand side of my jaw is killing me. Where the tooth is pushing through it's pushing a tooth which has lost a filling recently. All of a sudden it wasn't just pain it was EFFING KILLING ME, I was screaming into pillows punching stuff, just to distract myself. Then my glands all swelled up, I got a fever, my face is swollen like a chipmunk and i'm getting a headache over my eye and my temple is killing me.

I can't sleep and my bf said that one minute I was screaming in pain the next I was out cold and didn't wake up for 30 minutes, to which I woke up again.

Then it went away but this afternoon it's all of a sudden come back again.

I've tried to phone dentists and stuff but I can't get registered anywhere and the only places that will take me are private and I can't afford.

The NHS Direct lady said to go to the hospital but I can't do that, I'm too scared.

Should I go to the hospital tomorrow or should I just try and find a way of getting some cash together somehow. My parents would help me unfortunatley they are out of touch in the Maldives until half way through May....

Though despite all this I have discovered a new found love for tea, swooshing it around my mouth momentarily eases the pain.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ouch you poor thing. for the sinuses try olbas oil and some sudafed. bonjela and strongest painkillers you can get for the toothache. the drs/hospital might be a good idea too, toothache x sinus pain = the motherfucker of all pain.
    Thanks hun, it's lovely to hear from someone who understand. My jammy git of a bf has a big enough mouth so all his wisdom teeth slotted in quite nicely. He's being wonderful but he's suspish I'm putting all this pain on *rolls eyes*
    if you've got swelling and a fever, I'd get seen asap as you could have an abcess. They can spread and make you pretty ill if you don't get them sorted.

I know how you feel though, cause I had one in each wisdom tooth for three months (as my old dentist was incompetent and the waiting list for NHS wisdom tooth removal in my area is EIGHTEEN MONTHS LONG). It's pretty much hell.
    my mum had excrutiating toothache the other day and she took volterol.

just asked her now and she said it was very good! so id try that
    Get Corsydol Gel onto the teeth that hurt, you can buy that from a pharmacy. If they don't have that then get the mouth wash. Thats the advice I get from the dentist I live with for wisdom tooth pain.

If you are running a fever go to the doctor or the hosptial.
    volterol is prescrip only.

Anbesol gel or liquid will provide a temp relief, it has an anaesthetic in it.