Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Unsettling mood changes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently Iv been having really drastic mood changes,mainly when Im trying to get to sleep or when Iv woken up in the morning.
They start with me thinking how Id like my life to be,good job,friends,good social life,you know the norm.Then it will all go downhill and all I can think about is how everyone hates me,I`ll never get friends or a job,then I`ll start feeling frustrated which then turns into real strong anger and I want to smash everything up.But then I go right back to feeling really happy and positive again...... :confused:
Has anyone else ever experienced this and how did you manage to stop it?
Any help appreciated. :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seems like you're having a pretty miserable time. Could be the start of an episode of depression.

You should talk to someone you trust: a friend, your parents or a doctor. I had a talk with someone at my university about how I felt. It really made me feel better that someone in the world know how miserable I was.

You could try and remove some of the things that are upsetting you, and improve anything that would make you happy. At the moment, I have no friends, and end up staying in my room. I think this is making things worse. So sometimes when I feel down, I usually go for a walk through a park or just along the street, It helps me think.

Trust me, you'll be a lot better off if you can nip this in the bud, and not let it get worse.
    Iv got no friends at the moment really either and no job and am just sat at home doing nothing. :yuck:
    I know whats getting to me but its hard to change......and theres no-one I trust to talk to,especially not family.... :no: Maybe I`ll write things down and try to figure them out.
    Well what exactly is it that you'd like to change? If you make a list, you can try and work on the one that is easiest to do first.

Another thing I like to do to calm myself, is go to the library and read a paper or magazine. I appreciate it might not be your cup of tea, but you've got to keep yourself busy. Think of somethings you used to enjoy when you were younger, or take up a new hobby.

How would you feel about trying to get a job? You'd meet new people, might make friends and earn money at the same time.
    iv got a job interview tomorrow but thats the only job Iv found in weeks that I could do..all the rest need my own transport or experience.I do really want a job (Iv been unemployed since november :yeees: ) to meet people so Im looking for one where I`ll have to talk to people to get confidence.
    I like to read its just that all the books Iv got (a whole drawer full) I`ve read.......and I find it hard to re-read books.
    I have got a hobby,playing guitar,and now my computers got all my guitar course downloaded I`ll be able to learn that quicker. :thumb:
    But as for the easiest thing to change in my life.............thats a problem as they`re all bloody hard!!!!But,I like a challenge. :chin:
    Well if you like reading, the library is just amazing. You can borrow a book for 3 weeks, and renew it over the phone upto 4 times.

I think its great that you've got a job interview. As for the jobs requiring experiance, you could always try and ring them up and say that you're really keen but have no experiance, then ask if you can be interviewed anyway. That way:

1) You get to leave your house for a few hours
    2) Practice your interview skills
    3) Increase the odds of getting a job. The only way to do it is to beat the odds by applying for as many jobs as you can manage.

Have you considered ask your family if they know any jobs going? From my experiance, a lot of jobs go to people privately.
    I do know about libraries.......I go there quite often when I can be bothered to walk into town. :D
    I mainly look for jobs in the papers and the useless job centre and sometimes find jobs locally in the phone book and ring them up.All they say is "drop a cv in" or "no sorry,no vacancies."
    As for my family knowing about jobs......... :rolleyes:
    Its strange but I like going to interviews,probably because like you said im out of the house and meeting new people......for a while. :razz:
    If they want you to drop in a CV, you could always start talking to the person you hand it to. Ask him what the job involves, and any other random chitchat you can muster. Then end it by saying how it must be good working there, finally tell him you look forward to hearing from him. Use any Psychological tricks you can. Get your foot in the door, like a saleman :)
    Hi there

Volunteering in the area that you are interested in being employed is a great way for you to gain experience.
    Not only will it make you more employable but it demonstrates a commitment & initiative - qualities that are favourable to employers. Although it's normally unpaid it's a great way to meet new people, build your self-confidence, gain new skills & occupy your time whilst job-hunting. It will also look pretty impressive on your cv.
    :thumb:
    do-it.org is a national database for volunteering - simply type in your postcode and your area of interest and search. Although you have to be 18 or over. You could contact your local volunteer bureau local volunteer bureau to find out how to volunteer if you are under 18.