Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

SATs

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    it was a bit weird for me, in year 8 and some of year 9 i was in the 2nd set for maths, but it was full of cheeky kids, along with an old crap teacher so i wasn't being taught anything, i was also the only 1 trying to work and was on the top/2nd set boarderline, so after ages of bugging them they moved me into the top set just before mock SATs which i struggled with. I found the top set work quite hard but i just about managed. I got a high level 6 by the end but was moved back down to 2nd set for year 10....with a different crap teacher, and again got behind. :( So i'm having to work twice as fast this year :(
    Then in english i was just off a level 7, so should have been in the top set (theres some in that set who got 5s!) and they put me in the middle set! So i told them that i should have been in the top set, so they put me in the 2nd set and i feel im not being pushed as much as i should be :(

It was like that for me in Year 11 English - no-one wanted to learn and because I was off for 3 weeks, I got so far behind and really struggled. Also, when it came to coursework, I didn't get the help I required - this meant that I got a D instead of a C at Year 11.