Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Moving & Job?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well im 17, nearly 18 and a friend (40's year old) will be moving out of my town up north (Blackpool, Liverpool). I have working part time and my mum is going to charge me £500 rent, If i moved with my friend i would be charged £250. It sounds great to get freedom but as im not really in work i think it will be hard to find some income.

I have been deciding to go into the Ministry of Defence Police but if i moved up north would there still be M.D.Policeing there (I allways think MDP is royal/goverment places, and if not would i have to move to another location?

If so i would need to move due to the distance and then again be on my own in a non familar place.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just to point out that your Mum is ripping you off with £500 rent per month.
    Just to point out that your Mum is ripping you off with £500 rent per month.

Will that not depenmd on what he's getting for this £500 a month?
    Possibly, but I live on under £500 a month including rent, all bills and food. And I live in a private rented house. So to me, it seems like a bit of a rip off either way.
    I will be getting:

1- My room
    2- Eletric
    3- Internet
    4- Food
    5- Water
    Unless your old dear is washing your clothes, cleaning your room and supplying someone to polish your knob too- that is a rip off!
    Round here you can rent a one bedroomed flat/2 bed terraced house for less than £350 a month so £500 to live at home seems really steep! If i was you i would move out with a friend or something and split the bills and i bet you pay either less or the same as what you would be paying your mum.
    I will be getting:

1- My room
    2- Eletric
    3- Internet
    4- Food
    5- Water

but do you use any of these much?
    Maybe his mums charging him an extortionate amount to try to get him to move out :p
    Seems a bit steep! Is there no way your mum will change her mind?