Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infinite wrote:
    Errrk, I've just given in and ordered the game.

Be prepared for it to consume your life.
  • Options
    I've not been sucked in yet, only played for a few hours, but it seems to have got rid of all the problems that put me off Morrowind. Currently running my sword through fish, after a spot of petty larceny in Imperial City :D

It looks glorious!
  • Options
    oh it is!!

Although I havnt got oblivion installed at the mo, ive got my saved game data backed up waiting for the reinstall!
  • Options
    I feel like I'm miles behind you all but I've just been found by the Brotherhood :D
  • Options
    Wooh!! i'm now listerner of the Dark Brotherhood. doing missions for the Grey fox now. only done one or two for mage and fighters. Done most of the npc missions given by people in each of the cities, and any random ones i pick up on the way.
  • Options
    Now run the thieves, the brotherhood, the mages guild and the fighters guild... oh yes.

Just closing the inital gates at the moment to get support for Bruma together
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    I feel like I'm miles behind you all but I've just been found by the Brotherhood :D

The Dark Brotherhood have some of the best quests in the game in my opinion.

Unless you're using a patch to fix the levelling, I'd suggest doing the main quest before getting too high in level, otherwise when you come to the main fights the enemy rips through the level-crippled npc helpers. Also it stops the random oblivion gates opening, which are just annoying.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Unless you're using a patch to fix the levelling, I'd suggest doing the main quest before getting too high in level, otherwise when you come to the main fights the enemy rips through the level-crippled npc helpers. Also it stops the random oblivion gates opening, which are just annoying.

I've just started going through the main quest. To get rid of those gates in fact. I'm about ten hours in and only at level 3, I can see this game taking a loooooooong time.

I'm still indimidated by the sheer scale of the game. I'm banking on most of the good/interesting quests being easy to find, I'll never have time to cover every inch of the map on the lookout for little adventures.
  • Options
    I hope there are little adventures. I find it a bit too easy already, maybe it's because I'm playing an assasin / stealth / archer character kind of thing. Just hide and spam magic arrows out of my magic bow for loadsa damage x3 for stealth, then hit them again. Then use vampire skill 'hunters sight' to see them all in the dark :D.

Shame about the daylight, mind.

I hope there is a werewolfs expansion. I think they've left them out on purpose specifically for an expansion...
  • Options
    once you finish the main quest... can you continue to do the other sub quests?
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    once you finish the main quest... can you continue to do the other sub quests?

Yes, but oblivion gates close.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    I've just started going through the main quest. To get rid of those gates in fact. I'm about ten hours in and only at level 3, I can see this game taking a loooooooong time.

I'm still indimidated by the sheer scale of the game. I'm banking on most of the good/interesting quests being easy to find, I'll never have time to cover every inch of the map on the lookout for little adventures.

Some of the quests are easy to find, but others only come up if you are in the right place, or speak to certain folk. All the Elder Scrolls games are like this though, you have to try to get the best / most out of them.
  • Options
    Hmmmm. 15 hours in and I'm not hooked. I can take it or leave it really. Not really enjoying running around in pitch black dungeons, which seems to be all I've done so far.

I'll give the game it's due, it's the most atmospheric game I've ever played. So much so that I've been using the 3rd person camera mostly. The thought of things launching themselves out of the dark and straight into my face is a bit too much for me. I freely admit I'm a wuss and I've jumped quite a few times roaming around the dungeons.

I'll stick with it but the call of The Movies is drawing me back. That and the expansion pack for B&W 2 coming out soon.
  • Options
    Question for all your Thieves out there.

I've been doing the missions for the Grey Fox (just completed the Boots of Springjack mission). Its now saying that i need to fence a total of 800 worth of gold before i'll get my next mission.
    The problem i'm getting is i've already fenced 1,913 of gold. but its not telling me to get my next mission (or wait for messager). This is really annoying me and would really like to complete my last mission for the theives.

I also have another problem some of you might help with. I've been kicked out the mages guild for killing one of them during the Theives Arrow (key thingy) quest. I now need to collect 20 Vampire Dust, and dayeri (spelling)hearts before their let me back in. But i cant find any anywhere. anyone got some locations for me?
  • Options
    Daedra hearts will be found when you kill Daedra in the oblivion gates, assuming you're a high enough level for them to appear.

Vampire dust you'll need to kill vampires for, or buy it from alchemists.

I *think* that the thieves' guild thing is a known issue. Check on the elder scrolls forums.
  • Options
    There's a vampire nest to the south east of the Imperial City. It's on the opposite shore, so if you wander around the beaches, you should find it.