Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have had a mole on the side of my face and a few on the tops of my arms for as long as I can remember. But now all of a sudden I have another on my face and about 15 on each arm as well as a few scattered everywhere else. I have lots of freckles so I am not worried about the look of them. One or two of them are starting to look 'angry' and are getting itchy. Is there anything to worry about?

Comments

• Options
    A doctor needs to answer that question.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/moles.htm
  • Options
    I was always taught that you dont need to worry about moles/freckles unless they start changing color/shape/or size. If any of those are happening, then def get it checked out just to be safe.

Or if they start to tingle or itch :yes:

I've got loads of moles on me. In fact, I seem to have gained more in the last year or so. I was planning to ask my doctor about them on Thursday, so if I remember to ask, I'll post his advice when I get back from my appointment.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    A doctor needs to answer that question.

Without a doubt.

If you, with what is (I assume) a completely untrained, medically inexperienced eye think that some of them are starting to look "angry" and are itchy and drawing attention to themselves then that definitely warrants an appointment with your GP.

I'm sure you'd agree yourself that it's definitely better to be safe than sorry in such an instance; and of course peace of mind is invaluable. :)