Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need Some Advise Please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I could really do with some advise and if anyone can direct me to somewhere I could get consultation with a medical advisor it would be appreciated. A few nights ago my girlfriend and I were having sex, we are using condoms however the light was off and at first when i tried to put it on it was the wrong way round, stupid i know, so when I realised this i removed it and put it on the right way, obviously it hadnt rolled or anything but the top of the condom had been in contact with the end of my penis. I am not sure if there was any of the pre cum or whatever the proper term is but i would have handled the top of the condom as i put it on. A few days on and we cant shake this niggling worry that theres a chance she could have gotten pregnant from this. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the actual chances of this are or where I could get some professional advise. Like i said it was only in contact with the end for a moment and it could only have been a very small amount of the pre on the end which would then have probably rubbed off on my hand when i put it on. I could really do with any advise anyone can offer.

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry about it. The number of times I did something similar with my ex (like starting without and then putting a condom on) and I never got pregnant - that was over 15months. It's unlikely. Wait until her next period comes around, and if it's late then go to the doctors. Bear in mind that it's likely to be a little late if she's worrying about this, stress does that.

If it's less than 72 hours since it happened she can still take the Morning After Pill. It costs about £26 from the chemist (or it did when I last checked) or she can visit the GUM clinic/your doctor who can give her one. It has to be her who goes to get it as they ask various questions to make sure it's suitable.

I would then look into her going on the contraceptive pill - it's excellent peace of mind and I find it convenient as I have a little choice in when to have a period.
  • Options
    The chances are very slim

But it is still possible, and imagine how crap you would both feel if you ignored it, thinking "oh it wont happen to us" and she ended up pregnant.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Blah wrote:
    The chances are very slim.

:yes: they are - however, it sounds like it might be a good idea for you and your girlfriend to take a visit to a family planning clinic to talk about contraception options, or simply just to know where you can go for help/advice if a similar situation should arise in the future.

You could also see if you live nearby to one of the 17 Brook Centres around the UK as they offer confidential sexual health and contraception advice.

Take care ;)
  • Options
    Another way to get morning after pill is walk in centres/casualty.

Ringing NHS direct can be a good way to get advice, depending on what the clouds are like depends on whether they are any use or not.hh
  • Options
    Don't take a risk...is it worth it?! Get the pill.

Babies cry...more than me.
  • Options
    Did you have sex before this one, and you cummed and this was the second round (with the wrong-sideded condom?)

If not you shouldn't really worry. The gland your penis extracts does not contain sperm. I do this pretty often (putting condoms wrongly on), there isn't any kind of "this side up" or smth :S maybe there is a trick I never cared to find out in the heat of the battle.

just wait for the next period, but chances are <<<<<1%, in my humble opinion.