Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Paid-for sex

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont know if anybodies mentioned this before, sorry to bring it up twice if it has, but he said he had a girlfriend... How is goign to a hooker going to affect your relationship :\
  • Options
    I dont think he has one...

Just throwing in my 2 cents here...

I believe you should wait for a relationship-as frustrating as it is-believe me, i know- because that way, after sex, you have the reassurance its ok, and the lovely feeling of cuddling up, being starving, ordering pizza and knowing its ok. If you go to a prostitute, its in out gimme money bye. No reassurance-that is meaningful anyway, no cuddling.

The other thing, after sex, youre gonna want it more. do you really wanna pay for a whore everytime you get horny?
  • Options
    just to clear one thing up I haven't got or had a g/f which is why I am so frustrated about it, dunno what I'll do.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    just to clear one thing up I haven't got or had a g/f which is why I am so frustrated about it, dunno what I'll do.

Waiting until you actually have a girlfriend is probably a good idea, imo. And don't do what a few people have done to me in the past - they ask me for sex (like you'd normally ask your friends :rolleyes: ) then wonder why I tell them no. And they carry on & on asking me...
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I misread it and thought you said you hadn't slept with your girlfriend yet :blush:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm sorry, I misread it and thought you said you hadn't slept with your girlfriend yet :blush:
    Now that would be a bad decision if he already had a girlfriend.
  • Options
    I think tugger needs to just go out and try to talk or get rejected by girls on purpose.Then,when he realises its not that bad he`ll get confidence to walk up to girls and talk to them and also gain more self confidence and esteem when they dont throw a drink in his face and scream at him to get away! :thumb:
    Well,it hasnt happened to me..and I dont even need to talk to girls for them to hate me!!!
  • Options
    Hi, I've been lurking for quite awhile now but I just had to post because I'm in the exact situation as Tugger. Infact, I almost posted the exact questions he has.

I'm 22 never had a girlfriend, still a virgin and don't do very well with women (and that's putting it moderately.).

Recently, I found out there's a "Massage" parlour in the town where I live and I have seriously considered going. Infact, I was planning to go this morning but I've put it off.

The thing is, I'm really torn between two modes of thinking. On the one hand I think it might relieve some of the anxiety I have around women and might make me a bit more confident and the truth is I'm getting really frustrated and bitter with women especially because they seem to throw themselves at beer swilling neanderthals. Paying for sex might just be a bit of a release.

But on the other hand, what if I meet someone really special in the future? How would I explain my first time was with a prostitute? Not to mention the risk of disease plus the fact it probably won't be as satisfying as I expect escpecially if it lacks the kind of closeness I desperately want.

But then again I don't want to waste my youth waiting for something that may never happen. :impissed:

Sigh, I think I understand how you feel. Going to a prostitute is not the ideal situation but I suppose we have to make do with what we've got. I think I'll hold off the prostitute idea for a while though. I've got to try and work out whether it would be the best thing to do...
  • Options
    The best way to get more confidence talking to girls, in my experience, is to hang out with female friends. You'll then have no trouble talking to girls naturally, rather than in the sense that you want to get in their knickers. If you approach girls as some sort of alien species, then they'll look back at you in the same way. When you go to a pub, and you're sat next to a group of girls, have a chat, preferably without the intention of pulling one of them. If something more comes of it, then great, but just chat because you enjoy the conversation and don't expect anything more (i.e. how you would with a friend).

A prostitute isn't going to improve your social skills. How are you going to feel if in another 6 months, you still haven't got a girlfriend and your one and only sexual experience is with a prostitute - probably down enough to waste another paycheck. It's your social skills and general confidence that will get you a girlfriend, not your skills or confidence in the bedroom. Confidence in the bedroom, like anything else, might lead to more general confidence, but I don't think you can ever be confident that you were able to give her a good time if you were paying for it.
  • Options
    You may also want to think about the kind of women involved in prostitution.

There may be a minority who have gone into it freely and enjoy it, but there's also a hell of a lot of heroin addicts, people who have had their kids taken into care, vulnerable young women, even women who are forced into it or have been trafficked.

Do you really want to fuel this sort of business?
  • Options
    ffs you're 22 mate but you talk as if youre going on 40! 22 is not that old to be a virgin, so dont go to a prostitute because you will no doubt only regret it afterwards. Things will happen naturally if you give them chance. You say you have very limited experience with the oposite sex, well why is that? If you have in the back of your mind 'i bet they hate me' everytime you talk to someone then you will be giving off bucketfulls of negative vibes which is not attractive on anybody.
    No matter what you might think there are a lot of people less attractive/more dull/fatter/any other negative comment you can think of (im just guessing on what you might think of yourself but you do seem to have self-confidence issues) who are pulling people, having a laugh and generally being happy - because thats what its all about, being happy.
    Most people are naturally drawn to others who have a smile on their face!
    Lets say for example you're on a bus: You sit down and 2 women get on the stop after yours, they both walk past you one looks angry or depressed and gives everyone dirty looks, the 2nd is smiling at everyone and looking all cheerful... which would you rather talk to?
    I know i've writen quite a lot and some of it may not make sence but i hope you can see the point i've been trying to get across! (and hope it helps!)
  • Options
    In some ways its good to hear that I'm not the only one that feels the way I do and has considered going to a prostitute - I know how you feel Lifeless believe me.

I'm seriously thinking about going over to Amsterdam and trying my luck there with one of their window girls, at least you can see what you getting beforehand. And somehow going out of the country to do it seems to lend some degree of fun to it as opposed to going to Soho, don't ask me why! Fancy coming Lifeless?
  • Options
    Honestly mate, you should seriously consider the after effects of this!
    Why cant you meet a girl anyway? is there something holding you back? or any bad past experiences?
  • Options
    Your not going to learn anything from a hooker

shes paing paid to act like she's enjoying it, and getting paid to pretend to like you and pretend your a sex god.

Not that i know anything about hookers....im just guessing thats the logic of it
  • Options
    This is going around in circles a bit and I don't want to repeat old ground...you know what I think anyway.

This is your choice and you seem pretty set thats it's what you're going to do, but please consider what Icey has said, he's so right about the smiling thing. Don't sell yourself short. You are intelligent and kind (and those are just the things I have worked out over pm's) I'm sure you have plenty more good qualities you could be sharing with a girlfriend.

Good luck with whatever you decide but do not make any decisions until you are 100%!! x
  • Options
    Thanks remotebleeper I appreciate your advice. I'm gonna just chill and consider what to do. Perhaps I shouldn't be so hasty after all its not every day you lose your virginity.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    Thanks remotebleeper I appreciate your advice. I'm gonna just chill and consider what to do. Perhaps I shouldn't be so hasty after all its not every day you lose your virginity.

Glad you're going to think about it. :thumb:
  • Options
    just makes me want to post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLup8wjbSIo
  • Options
    I dont think this is totally about sex really.I think its about tugger wanting to be WANTED by a girl,having a girl WANTING to be with him and WANTING to have sex and then WANTING to give affection back.
    And when he sees that girls dont want him (no offence :thumb: ) he starts thinking that its always gonna be someone else that will get the girl and never him,hes meant to be alone.And being unwanted and knowing your unwanted hurts,it fucking hurts........ :crying: Its even worse when you see your mate going off and talking to girls and getting their numbers and you feel like a 5th wheel all the time. :yes:
    Correct me if Im wrong about any of this though. :razz:
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    Due to all sorts of reasons I won't go into now, I've never had a g/f and I have never had sex. I do masturbate heavily but recently I've been considering paying for sex, ie going to a prostitute. I believe this will help me gain confidence.
    Why is losing your virginity a big deal?

Fuck what other people think... If an future girls have an issue with it then they blatantly don't respect you as a person. You'd be better off with somebody who respects you.

To be fair, I cannot see how any man who visits a prostitute respects women as people anyway.
  • Options
    I couldn't have put it better myself, thank you The Leaf, you've summed it up perfectly.