Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The emo subculture...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After watching countless emos at my school and outside school, I've come to the conclusion that emos are just an extention of chavs - they're just like them, especially the females.

The female emos dress in expensive; generally provocative clothing, they all have expensive mobile phones, they spend £50-60 a time at hairdressers, the majority of them smoke, the majority are slutty, they must go around in big groups, they generally speak with that chavish tone, they swear exsesivly.

I think emos and chavs are quite close to be honest, the only difference being emos dressing darker clothing and a few try and act depressed.

Not that it matters, but I've never seen anyone look at them from this point of view.

Agree?

Comments

• Options
    I think subcultures are funny
  • Options
    To be honest im not really that bothered. If they wanna be that way let em be that way.
  • Options
    If they aren't doing anyone any harm then let them be.
  • Options
    If they aren't doing anyone any harm then let them be.

:yes:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    To be honest im not really that bothered. If they wanna be that way let em be that way.

ditto...
  • Options
    COF wrote:
    After watching countless emos at my school and outside school, I've come to the conclusion that emos are just an extention of chavs - they're just like them, especially the females.

The female emos dress in expensive; generally provocative clothing, they all have expensive mobile phones, they spend £50-60 a time at hairdressers, the majority of them smoke, the majority are slutty, they must go around in big groups, they generally speak with that chavish tone, they swear exsesivly.

I think emos and chavs are quite close to be honest, the only difference being emos dressing darker clothing and a few try and act depressed.

Not that it matters, but I've never seen anyone look at them from this point of view.

Agree?

It's a subculture, yes it mainly does seem to be middle class kids, most subcultures are... Yes it is fashionable as are goths, cybergoths, indie kids, chavs and so on...

Deal with it.
  • Options
  • Options
    COF wrote:

Agree?

You are judging people and putting them into sterio types based on looks alone.
    I dont see the point in sterio typing... I found that out at college... there were poeple that would be classed as "Chavs" "Goths" etc etc... but we all got on as a group really well!

Who gives a fuck what you look like, or what clothes you ware, or what music you listen to etc etc...

You should judge each person for themselves!
  • Options
    I'm secretly hoping that the next trend will be to look like the Baseball Furies from The Warriors. That would be AWESOME!

furies7uf.jpg

I'd definitely wander around shouting: CAN....YOU.....DIG IT?!?
  • Options
    emo's are harmless, like goths :)

stereotypical chavs are trouble making yobs from low socio-economic households
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    I'm secretly hoping that the next trend will be to look like the Baseball Furies from The Warriors. That would be AWESOME!

furies7uf.jpg

lmao :D
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind the emo's if they could keep it to their damned selves. But they seem to want to bring their cry my eyes out, girl pant wearing, fo-hawk sporting shit my direction all the time.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:

furies7uf.jpg

we've got ourselves a new fassion.

seriously, lets do it!
  • Options
    emo's are hotter than the 80's revival.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:

furies7uf.jpg

:lol:
  • Options
    we've got ourselves a new fassion.

seriously, lets do it!

Hell, any trend that lets me shout 'CAN YOU DIG IT!?!' randomly is A ok with me.

I'm in!
  • Options
    COF wrote:

Agree?

No offence mate but you are being really shallow that you can judge people just because of the way they dress. I know some people who dress as emos and chavs and they are bloody great!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rachael wrote:
    I think subcultures are funny
    :thumb: Yup.

The "Chav" subculture is poorly defined to mean anyone in that style.

An actual "Chav" has to be antisocial, vandalistic, and have no respect for anyone or their property.

People can dress how they like and listen to what music they like and have their style. That does not define wether they are good people or not.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    People can dress how they like and listen to what music they like and have their style. That does not define wether they are good people or not.

Seconded. There's no point judging someone just because of they way they look.
  • Options
    I don't understand it either.

Why anybody can't listen to whatever they want to listen to without dressing up like a fanny is beyond me.

It's the same with hip hop. There was a guy in town the other day and his jeans were literally down at his knees. That's just silly.

In an ideal world, people would have no idea what music someone listened to just by looking at them, they'd actually have to engage in conversation with them.

People seem to want to be defined by music these days. By all means be into your rap, rock or emo or whatever, but stop trying to be (and calling yourself) a rock or emo or rap guy/girl, JUST BE A FUCKING NORMAL PERSON.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I don't understand it either.

Why anybody can't listen to whatever they want to listen to without dressing up like a fanny is beyond me.

It's the same with hip hop. There was a guy in town the other day and his jeans were literally down at his knees. That's just silly.

In an ideal world, people would have no idea what music someone listened to just by looking at them, they'd actually have to engage in conversation with them.

People seem to want to be defined by music these days. By all means be into your rap, rock or emo or whatever, but stop trying to be (and calling yourself) a rock or emo or rap guy/girl, JUST BE A FUCKING NORMAL PERSON.

TBH then... let's all go Mao China style and dress identical. :D

Vote Mao. He's a winner!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    TBH then... let's all go Mao China style and dress identical. :D

Vote Mao. He's a winner!

:thumb:

Seriously though, it's like skateboarders who're aged like 25 and still wear they long denim shorts things and massive black trainers.

Nothing wrong with having your own style, but most of the time stuff like I'm talking about is a passing phase, irrespective of what age you are. Although if you're in your 30's + and acting like that then you need a smack.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    :thumb:

Seriously though, it's like skateboarders who're aged like 25 and still wear they long denim shorts things and massive black trainers.

Nothing wrong with having your own style, but most of the time stuff like I'm talking about is a passing phase, irrespective of what age you are. Although if you're in your 30's + and acting like that then you need a smack.

True that.

I just live in my jeans, t shirt, leather. What else does a man need?!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    True that.

I just live in my jeans, t shirt, leather. What else does a man need?!

Sorted mate :thumb:

I always thought an emo was something that had a wide ass that Rod Hull shoved his hand up.
  • Options
    Ask a silly question- but what does 'emo' stand for?
    im guessing from reading threads on here it means 'grungy but not a goth'?

And what ever it is, its not cool? whoopy-sodding-do.

At the end of the day people judge on how you appear/what you look like, so no amount of preaching about the morals of it will change anything.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Ask a silly question- but what does 'emo' stand for?

Electric Modular Origami.

It's quite a skill
  • Options
    My mom did actually think I was on about Emu when I told her that a band on tv were emo. Bless....she's getting old now!
  • Options
    Emu's rock.
    emu.jpg emu's rock.
  • Options
    That is more of a Satanic Beast thing.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Hell, any trend that lets me shout 'CAN YOU DIG IT!?!' randomly is A ok with me.

I'm in!
    I'm going shopping for a baseball uniform this weekend :thumb: